Lowering of driver seat

BBQdDude

2013 NIssan 370z NISMO

I have tried to source a rail lowering kit for the driver seat with no luck. I really don't want to go aftermarket on the seat as it is a Recaro from the factory.

It has no electronics in it as the NISMO does not have heated seats and adjustment are manual nobs.

Can the frame rail be lowered some way and still be safe? Bumming as with a helmet it is a little tight to say the least for me.

Edited by BBQdDude

Chances are with that seat that the rails are pretty low profile as it is and the cushion of the seat makes it sit a little high. You can take the seat out of the car and see if there is a way to have someone fabricate a new rail with string but smaller wall tubing. That is only a small possibility however

What do the mounts look like? I have made my own seat brackets for my cars to lower the seat and retain the factory seat since I'm 6'8". A trick I learned from the C5 guys are to unhook a couple of the springs that support the cushion seat. This surprisingly doesn't ruin the quality of the seat and you get about 1-2" of extra headroom. I've done this on 2 cars of mine.