The "PoorVette"

PsychoticGaming

The hood just looks odd. However, I bet it pisses people off more when you out run them with a hood like that :)
Mostly just pisses off all the Vette guys, some even got pissy I got rid of the crossfire junk... Everyones different.

Haven't got much for bites yet sadly, ate an ls1 camaro, newer mustang, ricers, ect. Most everyone else closer by me seems to like it, even more so after a ride (the old crossfire was just bad.... only worse if it was a 75' vette...)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Mostly just pisses off all the Vette guys, some even got pissy I got rid of the crossfire junk...

Anyone who is pissed off at you for ditching the crossfire injection has never driven a crossfire injection vette.

Anyone who is pissed off at you for ditching the crossfire injection has never driven a crossfire injection vette.
This guy knows.... It's fairly terrible at best. Some people like cars the way they came with a factory engine, ect. Doesn't make sense to me, run what you want and enjoy it.

Speaking of Crossfire, anyone need a 350? Haha.

Good bottom-end, 2 single barrel TB's on top, Iron heads designed so bad it should be on "Engineering Disasters", Intake ports small enough to keep mice out. Leaks a little oil but not enough to worry about more than the Crossfire Injection...

This guy knows.... It's fairly terrible at best. Some people like cars the way they came with a factory engine, ect. Doesn't make sense to me, run what you want and enjoy it.

Has to be a decade ago at least since I have seen one but there were a couple of guys on long island that used to convert crossfire manifolds to dual carb. They did it because 67-69 z28 cross ram manifolds were hard to source and the high plenum volume/low manifold velocity made them really good for road racers running destroked small blocks. I forget what they used to do to increase the port size but I think they just port matched to the heads. had to use a high vacuum cam to prevent pooling in the manifold.

are you giving away that 350? because if it is just gonna be tossed out I am sure I can find a use for it.

As far as the hood hate, eh...hot rods are always a little ugly, like junkyard dogs. however, if eventually you do want to make it pretty there are higher rise c4 hoods available in the aftermarket:

http://www.grumpysperformance.com/vt23.jpg

Edited by Geeto67

Yeah, I considered those hoods but for the cost and limited time at the moment anyways I chose the bolt on for now until later. I'm not sure on the engine yet, had good compression and ran, just mains started leaking (its how old...)

But without the original motor the car is worth... eh, nevermind.

lol.

Hey, look at the C3 Corvette market in the last 10 years...there is apparently a future market for getting C4's now for belly-button lint and holding onto them for a decade or so. At least they won't [visibly] rust out! :lol: