(614)363-6239 - Telemarketers

zeitgeist57

I get 20-30 of these calls a day on my Verizon cell phone. Nothing can stop them. I block them on my iPhone but they just get another google phone number and keep calling. I will say I probably got on the list by using gambling and coupon sites. I just dont want to give up on my number ive had for 18 some years.

I get 20-30 of these calls a day on my Verizon cell phone. Nothing can stop them. I block them on my iPhone but they just get another google phone number and keep calling. I will say I probably got on the list by using gambling and coupon sites. I just dont want to give up on my number ive had for 18 some years.

God damn. I might get 2 per week.

So...I deleted Truecaller because it only worked 1/4 of the time. I put too much faith in a free app - including sharing my contact info - and got exactly what I deserved.

If Truecaller gets hacked, it wasn't me who put your numbers on their system, people...it was someone else. :)

So...I deleted Truecaller because it only worked 1/4 of the time. I put too much faith in a free app - including sharing my contact info - and got exactly what I deserved.

If Truecaller gets hacked, it wasn't me who put your numbers on their system, people...it was someone else. :)

Important security tip of the day: if a product is free, you are the product.

• 1 month later...

Motherfuckers...I just got a back-to-back cell phone call from 614-335-6452. I left a business meeting (gotta go back) but barked at the b!tch on the line about the gaul they have double-calling me from a telemarketing firm. Their customer service "line" is a Gmail account:

http://kfor.com/2017/01/24/mysterious-call-will-leave-you-scratching-your-head/

I seriously wish I could find out where these were coming from. It's incredibly annoying.

Its going to be a pain, but keep an eye on your email. That's usually where they are coming from (some sweepstakes you entered, or that super cool dish from ikea kinda shit). Start by unsubscribing from the spam mail. That will help to remove your info from any legit companies.

I know its been said before but if you have an android, you can click on the phone number in your recent history list. Click the details icon and there will be an option to block the number. It will still be able to call you, but your phone wont ring to it. It will just show up as a random missed call.

• 2 weeks later...

I got 6 calls from 614-349-3483 and 3 from 614-349-9071 yesterday. I finally answered and they went into a spiel about lowering my student loan debt. I responded

"You stupid fuckers, I don't have any student loans in my name, fuck off"

I also got a "Can you hear me?" call from 855-255-6531

DO NOT SAY YES WHEN YOU GET THIS CALL

I didn't. The .gov has confirmed though that if you say "yes" it signs you up on thousands of call lists and supposedly they use it to authorize charges

• 1 month later...

I get these multiple times a day every day from 614 #'s, and blocking the #'s don't do any good because they just call from another 614 #.

So I've started to answer them and be a complete d bag. They usually hang up quickly. This morning's first was short and sweet:

Me: "Hello."

*pause*

D-bag: "Hello. May I please speak to Mr. Ryan Corlew."

Me: "Proper phone etiquette dictates that you introduce yourself before asking for someone and making demands. That being said, who am I speaking with?"

*pause* *nervous laugh*

D-Bag: "Well Sir, that's not how I do it, but you are right...(inaudible).

Then hangs up.

Yes...looking at my history I get nearly one call a day from (614)363-62xx.

I also get calls now from the same area code and prefix (first 3 numbers) as my own cell number, so I really have to just send stuff to my VM and hope legit callers leave a VM. I talk to a lot of people and this is how they operate as well.

It's funny how cellphone voicemails will probably make a comeback in 2017+, thanks to this garbage. [emoji38]

I get a ton of them, at least one per day, but not always from the same number. It's always the same thing though, vehicle warranty services.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

^^^this^^^, I do too, or did, using the hiya app, it steers suspect calls to VM, it is free, heard about it on Clark Howard’s radio show