Audi interior disaster- detailing help please

hpfiend

That's going to require a toothbrush and possibly dismantling to get it all. I like a mild cleaner for things that require a lot of application. Like tuff stuff in the yellow can at parts stores. I'm sure Tim will chime in.

BTW, if this were my nice car, I would have been ripping my shirt off to soak that up instead of taking the time to take pictures!!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

That's not going to end well. I'd pull the console apart and clean it up as best one can with some small brushes, a misting bottle of warm water and a shop vac to suck out the spray and gunk.

The problem is going to appear once it's all dried and the switches there begin to stick.

Thanks for the replies- how about the floor mats- is there a particularly good carpet cleaner?

floor matts are easy. either carpet cleaner or just put them outside, soak them with hose, use laundry soap and rinse them really good. use a carpet cleaner/extractor to remove the water. Folex is available at Home Depot and is an amazing carpet cleaner.

Thanks! Wasn't someone on here an auto detailer and reasonable? I will throw the reference to him

I do a few ;)

However, that said, I honestly wouldn't touch fixing that one and not many detailers likely would unless they got a solid liability form signed. I saw the same thing happen to an S4 on Audizine and they had to have the dealer replace a couple switches as they couldn't get them to stop sticking.

I do a few ;)

However, that said, I honestly wouldn't touch fixing that one and not many detailers likely would unless they got a solid liability form signed. I saw the same thing happen to an S4 on Audizine and they had to have the dealer replace a couple switches as they couldn't get them to stop sticking.

plus all those electronics.. ugh..

Looks like the driver side seat may have to come out to really get to the mess too.

This is perhaps one of the worst spills I've seen in a while. Pepsi on a center console is one thing but a milkshake in carpet and down the center console is 10x worse IMO.

Good luck to the OP'ers friend.