Hey now

SVT007

Hey all. Obviously new to the forum and trying to get re-acquainted with the car scene. I have a background with turbo supras but moved my focus over to the diesels (duramax!!) for the last 9 or so years. I recently got a deal on an sn95 cobra I couldn't pass on. A car I obsessed over in high school. So here I am! Trying to pick up what I've missed out on over ther years. So please excuse my ocassional ignorance LOL. Ill try to post up some pics (if anyone cares).

Well that's my first attempt at posting pictures lol. And crappy garage pics at that. But that's all I have at the moment. More to come! Interior is actually mint. 39k miles. Only simple bolt ins, most of which were done by me.

Thanks Mitch! Yea photobucket was really pissing me off. Yea it's lowered. I actually cut 1 coil off stock springs on all corners. Took out all iso's except for 1 rear. And x2 balljoints. Believe it or not it rides great, a little stiffer than stock but a lot less roll. Thanks everyone!

Correct me if i am wrong, but that isn't a sn95 car. Awesome car nonetheless though!

It's an SN-95, It's just a "New Edge" (1999-2004) SN-95 which means it's a face lift car. SN-95 was the chassis code, like "Fox" for the previous generation or "F-body" for camaros and firebirds. The next gen was S-197 (2005-2014) and the one we have now is S-550. There is actually a letter/number designation for the "fox" platform too, I forget what it is, but since that platform was used for so many cars here and abroad everyone just calls it "fox". The SN-95 is like 40% carryover from the fox body chassis.

By the way, in case anybody was wondering the name "Fox" was given to the chassis project by the head of design in the late 70's. The original concept was a car, the ford "Fox" that could be sold in every market without change and manufactured anywhere in the world. Once they realized how difficult that was, they decided to make a chassis instead that could be easily adaptable to a variety of configurations and used the most common mfg techniques so it could be manufactured anywhere in the world with the least amount of retooling, under those market's existing model names.

anyway, nice new-edge cobra. I've always secretly liked these cars.

I got you, homie. Photobucket can go straight to hell. Stang looks pretty OK. :)

ACywhLv.jpg

Mmmmm '03? Passed on a very lightly used convertible when my '99 GT was... procured by an uninvited guest. So much fun to be had out of those cars and reasonable to work on/upgrade. Also, easily one of the best exhaust notes of ANY 'merican car ever produced.

Mmmmm '03? Passed on a very lightly used convertible when my '99 GT was... procured by an uninvited guest. So much fun to be had out of those cars and reasonable to work on/upgrade. Also, easily one of the best exhaust notes of ANY 'merican car ever produced.

Definitely pre-03, unless the bumper has been replaced. I'm guessing a 99?

Yessir! I meant spring isolators. Removed top and bottom from the front. Just removed one from the rear. Removing them will lower it another 1/4" or so each. No difference in road noise, although the cobras aren't really quiet anyway. Cutting factory linear springs, along with using good caster/camber plates and steeda balljoints, has really no negative effect on ride quality. Just cut the correct end of the spring.

• Casper unlocked this topic