Picked up a new toy today...

2 Sweet

I just went and looked it up....the stock 305 valve sizes are 1.84 intake and 1.3 exhaust. I think the largest you can go on stock heads is 1.5 due to the weird casting in the combustion chamber. I looked up the TF heads and they are 1.94 intake and 1.5 exhaust on the valves so it looks like 1.5 is the magic number on those anyway. Summit has them for $550 but you'll need rockers, and I would advice a cam as well:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/tfs-30310001/overview/make/chevrolet

maybe someone on one of the forums has a set you can grab used.

I've always loved these. Sentimental reasons. Just drive the damn thing and enjoy it. That's basically all anyone else is saying. Literally what you originally said your plans were. Maybe an exhaust and clean it. lol

IMHO that was a great trade. I'd love to have one of those.

This is CR right? So nice car. Lots of potential for glory. All you need are heads, cam, intake, headers, better flowing exhaust, lowering springs, shift kit, and a couple other small things and you should be good to go ;)

Gotta love this guy.

Yep, that's it :D

I think the shitty ad with no details and a shit picture and no phone number listed kind of worked in my favor. When I responded to the ad, some guy emailed me back and told me to call his sister as the car belonged to her and he was just the one who listed the ad for her. It took a few tries to get in touch, and when I eventually got out there to see the car, I had to put gas in it. Your average craigslist buyer wouldn't have bothered with any of that.

The car belonged to a lady in her 60's, I guess it originally belonged to her husband before he passed away. She had multiple back surgeries and struggled getting in/out of the Camaro so it was no use to her. I think she really likes the Buick. She was pretty awesome, she even tried to give me her credit card when I said I would run into town to get gas for it :lol: