Never forgotten; Forever Missed - 9/11

TTQ B4U

To all those that lost lost ones and good friends, we'll never forget and you will all be forever missed.

I spent quite a bit of time traveling to and working in NYC. One of my best customers who was lucky, spent Sept 10, 2001 in NYC and had their entire family at the top of WTC for some pics too. Many of my customers and friends were not so lucky. :(

Let's all take a moment and remember those that lost their lives that day.

Here is one of my favorite shots from back in the day.

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/166183878/original.jpg

Thank you, Tim.

I sent some love to my aunt and spoke to my mom this morning; will always remember my uncle on 9/11. It's interesting how many memories fade with time and age but I will always remember this day.

Irma focused a lot of people's attention over the last week and especially this weekend, but this is one thing I'll NEVER FORGET.

does nayone know what channel they will be broadcasting the reading of the names? I tried to find it on the Radio this AM on my way in and it was eerily absent - even from NPR.

Fox News has been running stuff all morning including the reading of names. :p

Hard to believe that it was 16 yrs ago. I'll never forget watching that unfold that morning, and that feeling in your gut the whole time.

RIP to those fallen that day and in the ripple of events following. Condolences to those who lost people close to them.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

2 Years ago I got to visit Ground Zero... I literally got chills as I walked around the fountains. Watching all the water just flow into an endless darkness at the bottom was somewhat gut wrenching. The site is extremely powerful emotionally and spiritually. One thing that I found odd was the silence. There are many signs around asking people to be respectful and quiet and 90% of people walk in complete silence or whisper.

I can't believe I was only 11 at the time, seems so long ago. I never truly understood the tragedy until later in life. I am sorry for anyone who lost a loved one. Shit sucks :(

Still remember it like yesterday, the thought of the towers come down had never crossed my mind. I'm standing there staring at the TV and wondering how are they going to repair the damage, and the second plane hit. That's when I know it's not an accident. What a day in history. Will definitely never forget and it did forever changed my life.

I was also 11...I remember watching it on the tiny 15" TV in Mrs. Lewis's 6th grade class.

Although I didn't know anyone lost, it's impacted my friends who have joined the military and gone to war since then...RIP to all those lost and sorry to those who were truly impacted by it.

Woke up late this day as I had been playing Counter Strike on PC until the weee hours of the morning in my off campus apartment in college. Got on the computer to check a few things and as soon as I got online my ICQ Messenger popped up with a message from a good friend, saying "Holy shit can you believe this is happening!?"... Pulled up Yahoo News to see what was up.. no TV cause broke college kid.

Rushed over to his place, got my very first tank of $3+ per gallon gas as the lines were out on the street from no one knowing what was going to happen next. Spent the entire day sitting at his place watching TV in complete shock. Who could have known that single event would start a series of events that's kept us at war nearly my entire adult life.

I graduated in 2001 and was in my freshman year of college. Some of my friends and cousins and I had planned a trip to NYC on MLK Jr. weekend 2002 prior to 9/11/01. I was the youngest of the group.

I happened to be at home that day and dad just happened to be off which was a coincidence as his days off rotated. We watched it together and afterwards we went to Tractor Supply and got some work done that day.

Dad grew up travelling the world. My grandfather was an E9 EOD through Viet Nam. Served 21 years. My father took it in, reflected, said a prayer, and told me, "we don't let terrorist cowards stop our lives."

Fast forward to January 2002. When we got to NYC we were lost. We stayed in Tarrytown and commuted into the city. We got on The Today Show, took in some sights, got lost on the subway trying to get to see The Blue Man group and ended up in China Town, and then the 2nd or third day there we got as near to Ground Zero as folks were allowed.

It was still a disaster. We all stood in shock. Six young adults...kids really, from Ohio lost in a sea of folks carrying posters of their loved ones which read, "HAVE YOU SEEN ME?!" People showed us pictures of their loved ones hoping to hear good news. We had none. Emergency personnel were everywhere. Street vendors had cheaply made, "Never Forget!" type wares.

At one point we found a "before" picture. We were standing within eye sight of a MASSIVE building. Just, much larger than I'd really known. My mother worked her entire career life, 42 years, at Nationwide, and I'd been to the top of that. This building was MUCH larger, or so it seemed at the time anyway.

It had a large half domed top. I was staring up at it and looking at that picture realizing the twin towers were far more than double, maybe triple, the height of this building. I stood in silence. THAT'S when it hit me. 9/11/2001 didn't shock me. My dad had that old grit of, "We'll fight anyone." He gave me hope and I got equally angry at the attackers with him at the same time.

Standing there that day, though, I was humbled. Now, watching back videos of people bailing out of windows and what not I recall that day and how far that leap was and what must have been going through those folks heads. I think back to the mother asking me if I knew her child. I think of the personnel still searching through rubble months later.

R.I.P.

Never forget.