WTB: BB gun for 8 year old

STEVE-O

Bwahahahaha a $1500 BBgun

:)

I have this for sale: http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/rascal

$100

KillJoy

I believe those BB's are higher velocity than what he's looking for.

My personal opinion (which may be valuable, may be worth shit, depending on who you ask) is thus: Go to Wally World. Get a $20 BB gun that comes with a few hundred BB's. If little person shows responsibility go with a single shot .22 like Steve linked. Scope that. A scope on a BB gun is like putting....a...a scope on...on something stupid. BB's are round. They change direction.

My boy is 3 and already knows the difference between his bubble gun and a real firearm. We recently had fam pics taken with the '49 Chevy we got from up north. I let him hold .22 revolver, unloaded (of course) and checked by literally 5 people who handle firearms regularly, and not once did he act irresponsible. Not saying I'd load it and hand it to my 3 y.o. EVER nor would I let him have access to any firearms EVER, but at 8 kids are smart enough to know the difference. My nephews were 8 and 9 when we took them squirrel hunting last year. Once carried a single shot .22 and the other a .410. No issues. I walked with both of them at different times. VERY responsible. They grew up on a Marine base and learned early not to mess with firearms. Their dad took them hunting SUPER young. They never got a firearm. Just went with. They learned first hand that firearms can and will kill.

Education. Use it. Discernment. Use it.

Wally World BB gun until you KNOW and are comfortable with YOUR kid and firearms. Eff what anyone else thinks or believes.

That's just me though. I'm sure others have different views or think otherwise or whatnot. That's ok too.

He has shot a few and after showing responsibility I have decided he can have his own and yes I know the scope is useless he just thinks it's cool and gives him something else to "aim" with , he just likes to shoot paper and random trees in the yard and is happy.

He thinks he is the coolest when I let him look down the scopes of the savage bolt actions we have

He has shot a few and after showing responsibility I have decided he can have his own and yes I know the scope is useless he just thinks it's cool and gives him something else to "aim" with , he just likes to shoot paper and random trees in the yard and is happy.

He thinks he is the coolest when I let him look down the scopes of the savage bolt actions we have

Awesome. Sounds like exactly what I want my son to do/feel in the future.

I'll ask around my fam and friends and see if anything is laying around.

I MIGHT actually have a BB gun with scope lying around. I can't remember if my wife sold it in a yard sale or not. If she hasn't, you can have it.

I have a BB gun with scope that I took away from some neighbor kids who were trying to shoot their eyes out (srsly they were trying to shoot each other with it). It dry fires fine but I can't seem to get it to load a pellet in the chamber. You can have it if you think you can fix it.

I have a BB gun with scope that I took away from some neighbor kids who were trying to shoot their eyes out (srsly they were trying to shoot each other with it). It dry fires fine but I can't seem to get it to load a pellet in the chamber. You can have it if you think you can fix it.

So you stole from kids?

So you stole from kids?

Yeah, wanna make something of it?

I tried to give the gun to their parents but they didn't know where it came from and didn't want it. At that point it was put it in the trash or put it in the garage, till I get around to seeing what's wrong with it. It could be something as dumb as dirt in the loading mechanism or that the seals are dried out I just haven't checked.

Yeah, wanna make something of it?

I tried to give the gun to their parents but they didn't know where it came from and didn't want it. At that point it was put it in the trash or put it in the garage, till I get around to seeing what's wrong with it. It could be something as dumb as dirt in the loading mechanism or that the seals are dried out I just haven't checked.

:lolguy: