Price of a Mosin Nagant?

BigOxley

That looks like a M44 carbine. If it is, the date on the receiver is likely from the late 40's to mid 50's. See if it say 59 anywhere on it as some carbines are the 59's and are not as common as the M44's. Values vary widely. I've seen M44's as low as 200 and 400+ if it's something special. Check the bore and see if the rifling is good and sharp or dark and nasty. Check the end of the barrel and see how far from the crown is the rifling. Since most of the 54R ammo is corrosive, if it was shot a lot and not cleaned, the bore may be deteriorated. The condition will largely dictate the value.

As an aside, if it's an heirloom, consider keeping it. As long as it's safe, they are fun shooters and are reasonably accurate. Hope this helps.

That looks like a M44 carbine. If it is, the date on the receiver is likely from the late 40's to mid 50's. See if it say 59 anywhere on it as some carbines are the 59's and are not as common as the M44's. Values vary widely. I've seen M44's as low as 200 and 400+ if it's something special. Check the bore and see if the rifling is good and sharp or dark and nasty. Check the end of the barrel and see how far from the crown is the rifling. Since most of the 54R ammo is corrosive, if it was shot a lot and not cleaned, the bore may be deteriorated. The condition will largely dictate the value.

As an aside, if it's an heirloom, consider keeping it. As long as it's safe, they are fun shooters and are reasonably accurate. Hope this helps.

Thanks. Looks like m44 is right

I got several guns from him, this is the least nice of the bunch and the only one I'd give up. I'll check the barrel when I get home.

Damn, that's cheap

They were practically worthless for a long time. And they're not any better now than they were, just worth a little more for some reason

Kind of like that old k-car that you remember being a $500 car in good shape, and all of a sudden people are asking $3k for them :lolguy:

Only paid $80 for my m44 damn near 10 years ago, now-a-days you're lucky to find them for less than $170. They were never the 'show' gun but a bulk made firearm that sat in a cosmoline dip for decades lol. Still one of my favorite guns to shoot though, the fireball of a muzzle flash and concussion they give is hard to beat for the cost of them.

Getting a spam can of surplus ammo is still fairly cheap as well $120-140 for 440 rounds. So bang for buck its almost as cheap as shooting a .22 any more lol.

Cabella's is asking $230 for them in the same condition as what yours appears to be in. I would list it for $180 if you're looking to off load it quick or higher if you're willing to sit on it for a bit.

I have three of them... paid $100 for the Sniper (long barrel) versions at Vance Outdoors 10 years ago. The Carbine one that I own was $120 and I fucking hate it. Kicks WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to hard... I'll fire the sniper ones anyday.

Both my snipers all have matching numbers and are from the 40's... Love them to death <3

Prices shot up with the import restrictions placed by the previous President. Rumor is there's a literal boat load of m44's, 91/30's, x54r ammo, and American garlands awaiting to be imported if trumps guys lift the restrictions. So there's a decent chance these will come back down if price.