Exhaust/Headlight questions...

SuperHawk

Just picked up a 2000 Bandit and want to see what changes are available for it....nothing crazy but wouldn't mind doing a few things.

1st, the pipe is huge, chrome, ugly, and quiet. Do they make a slip on for these, or can I just cut the pipe down and paint it black? Anyone done that? Do they make a high temp paint for pipes?

2nd, the bike has projectors in the headlights, does anyone know of an hid kit for these bikes, or is anyone good with wiring? I had hid's in my car, it'd be cool on the bike.

Thanks, I did some googling, but I don't have a manual, and I was hoping that someone else with a bandit could tell me what bulb/kit I need for the headlights, as there are many out there and if I could find a plug and play one I could actually install it myself, whereas a universal one I'd need a wiring ninja to help.

Ok, actually, if someone has experience of chopping a can down i'd like to hear it, or if they're local and want to help, i'll offer beer/pizza/whatever for some help/guidance.

Here's 2 DIY's for ya !!

http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1002

http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19309

Yeah, I was wondering what plastics some of those had on there, looked different for sure. I haven't looked into this much, but do you know if the bandit shares anything with other bikes, or is the ducati tail custom fit?

Cat, do you have a bandit, or did you?

See the following link, it tells you what kinda headlight bulb you have.....like H4/9003 dual beam in single bulb with a P43T base.

Then google/ebay HID for H4 kits with P43T base etc or even Suzuki Bandit 600S....many coming up...your choice.

This link is for the bulb type (it is not HID)

Info about headlight bulb

Yeah, I was wondering what plastics some of those had on there, looked different for sure. I haven't looked into this much, but do you know if the bandit shares anything with other bikes, or is the ducati tail custom fit?

Cat, do you have a bandit, or did you?

yep !!

but I'm having all kindsa a problems with this site today !!! No other site, but this one. I'll post up pics when it's working OK

sweet, thanks moose, defiintely will shoot him a pm, i'm still up in the air about the can, i don't really want to drop $500 on a can for a $1500 bike, so I think modifying my can is the best bet.

You guys think 6000k for hid's would be good? Seems to be the brightest but have some color, I want that slight blue look, not purple, but not bright white.

Or does anyone know if the yellow is illegal for low beams? That could be cool too...

They make a full spectrum bulb now that is pretty sweet and it is blue, yellow and brite white all combined !

I don't have a link, I got them from a buddy's shop ,I forgot where he got them !