Buckeye Batteries

Red Beard

Not sure if anyone is up this way or familiar with Buckeye Batteries. It is a small time battery recycling shop that has been around for as long as I can remember. It is on OH-42 between Bell Point and Plain City.

Last night there was a 5 car pile up right in front of the building causing a truck and 5th wheel horse trailer to careen right into the building. Driving past it this morning and the truck and trailer where still in there. I will try to grab pictures at lunch.

I was cycling out that way with friends last night and came up on it..EMS and cops were already everywhere. It was getting later and we didn't have a ton of daylight left so cops let us walk up 42 a bit and cross away from the bulk of the accident so we could continue on Wells back to Dublin.

I run a gopro while riding so I go most of it on video.

A truck hauling a boat was in the cornfield on southwest side of intersection, smaller crossover SUV and maybe a civic at the stop on wells, black suv fucked in the road infront of battery shop. I've got some stills from the video I'll upload in a min.

Gallery - https://imgur.com/gallery/LHbJF

Yeah...it didn't look good. I saw one person getting loaded up on a backboard as we rolled up on it, and someone was sitting on the road in a neckbrace by the 2 cars once we were through it. I'll be interested to hear how it happened once they release the accident report. We ride up Wells often going northbound and getting across 42 is always sketchy. We usually have to get across in smaller groups and just wait in that parking lot for everyone else to cross and then regroup. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if someone was trying to cross 42 and didn't look to see someone coming...or even had the sun blinding them from traffic coming from PC...it was about that time of day where that could've been a possibility. I think we passed by it around 6:30ish and sunset was at 7:11.

Just drove by their otw up to Plain City, there's still a trailer buried in the building and police on scene.

I'll bet you if you look closely you'll see the trailer is attached to a flat bed dully. I barely saw it when I was going by earlier. If they haven't pulled it already.

We came south on Watkins California...a road that any other day we might see 4 cars...there were probably 25 coming north and turning on Harriett. We were wondering wtf was up.

Not sure what is going on. The traffic on 42 is hit and miss. Days you think it would be clear its busy as hell.

I saw this while passing through today before noon. I put it into Waze as a major crash. The livestock trailer had two tires that were unseated on the right side. The trailer was still attached to the white dually with a flatbed. I couldn't tell the make of the truck as it was completely inside the building head-in. The left side of the trailer rested against the building; it seems the left side was partially in the building. I believe the trailer was a fifth wheel.

I saw this while passing through today before noon. I put it into Waze as a major crash. The livestock trailer had two tires that were unseated on the right side. The trailer was still attached to the white dually with a flatbed. I couldn't tell the make of the truck as it was completely inside the building head-in. The left side of the trailer rested against the building; it seems the left side was partially in the building. I believe the trailer was a fifth wheel.

Yes all correct, that's what I saw when I went by thus morning.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10210379805674877&id=1334888209

Edited by Red Beard

They haven't wasted much time cleaning things up. It's not clear weather the building is salvageable or not yet, but seems like the walls didn't buckle as bad as I thought they were when I first saw it. Mind you this is all just observation while driving by at 55mph.