Ac compressor not kicking on.

SRTurbo04

2008 grand marquis over the last week felt like my AC wasn't as ice cold as it usually is. Worked this morning then this afternoon went to lunch and had no AC. Im getting air blowing but doesnt appear the compressor is kicking on. What are sone things i should be looking for?

Also easy way to check all your electrical is unplug the compressor turn the AC on and hit the plug with a test light you should see the light cycle just as the compressor would. That will narrow it down to a issue with the compressor itself or the charge in the system

Sounds like you are low on refrigerant. IT will prevent the AC relay from kicking on. You can jump the relay to make sure the compressor still engages, but the pressures should be checked.

Get a recharge with a new dryer, and whatever they find leaking.

What side of town are you on?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

North side,lewis center.

Sounds like you are low on refrigerant. IT will prevent the AC relay from kicking on. You can jump the relay to make sure the compressor still engages, but the pressures should be checked.

Get a recharge with a new dryer, and whatever they find leaking.

New dryer?