WTB: FD RX7

STEVE-O

Somewhat related, it how big are you? You ever driven a FD? If you’re above 5’10” having a FD as a daily isn’t gonna be a ton of fun. Will require aftermarket seats to fit.

Otherwise if you’re wanting it for a fun daily the best advice i have is to buy one that is only very minimally modified. Downpipe, cat back, and reliability mods only and it’ll be a cool fun regular driver. It won’t be winning street races but will put a smile on your face.

Somewhat related, it how big are you? You ever driven a FD? If you’re above 5’10” having a FD as a daily isn’t gonna be a ton of fun. Will require aftermarket seats to fit.

Otherwise if you’re wanting it for a fun daily the best advice i have is to buy one that is only very minimally modified. Downpipe, cat back, and reliability mods only and it’ll be a cool fun regular driver. It won’t be winning street races but will put a smile on your face.

I am 6’1 and no it’s not the most comfortable for sure but I have driven them before both lhd and rhd actually, my exo is much smaller and my C5 is not large either.

• 4 weeks later...

I found 2 very decent examples both clean title one hovering around 100k and one with around 80k clean titles and nothing major needed. One had paint fading but they were asking low teens cash.

Both ads are gone so I'm assuming they sold but will find out have to scroll back through texts.

edit:

1994 with 97k paint fading but nice car, title held by credit union asking 15k think I got him to 13k

1993 with 78k motor built by Atkins and professionally installed asking 14k think I got him to 12k

Will see if they respond to my texts

I found 2 very decent examples both clean title one hovering around 100k and one with around 80k clean titles and nothing major needed. One had paint fading but they were asking low teens cash.

Both ads are gone so I'm assuming they sold but will find out have to scroll back through texts.

edit:

1994 with 97k paint fading but nice car, title held by credit union asking 15k think I got him to 13k

1993 with 78k motor built by Atkins and professionally installed asking 14k think I got him to 12k

Will see if they respond to my texts

Nice guy!

The 1994 with 97k got back to me and I saw he told me lowest he's comfortably go is 14k without a carbon fiber tail light cover.

In person cash is king so I can see him dropping it a little more.

PM me if you want his contact. Other dude didn't reply yet.

These cars require some traveling obviously or I would have bought both already.

This '94 I believe is in Iowa which is reasonable.

edit: If you aren't scared of a previous salvage and rebuilding/LS swapping this one in San Fran looks OK.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/6478916403.html

If it's not sold in a week I have some friends that will be in that area and will check it out. If he can chop the price down I'll get it shipped home.

The 1994 with 97k got back to me and I saw he told me lowest he's comfortably go is 14k without a carbon fiber tail light cover.

In person cash is king so I can see him dropping it a little more.

PM me if you want his contact. Other dude didn't reply yet.

These cars require some traveling obviously or I would have bought both already.

This '94 I believe is in Iowa which is reasonable.

edit: If you aren't scared of a previous salvage and rebuilding/LS swapping this one in San Fran looks OK.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/6478916403.html

If it's not sold in a week I have some friends that will be in that area and will check it out. If he can chop the price down I'll get it shipped home.

Good looking out but no way in hell am I going multiple states away , pa ky Indy is one thing when all said and done I don’t have a 20+ hour gap in my schedule to take a adventure for a car that is not 100% and being 14-15 years old who knows what the underside would look like

I have found a couple within the state but it seems trying to get people to respond is the hardest effort. Usually if I try and sell something I don’t txt you once every 3-5 days

Good looking out but no way in hell am I going multiple states away , pa ky Indy is one thing when all said and done I don’t have a 20+ hour gap in my schedule to take a adventure for a car that is not 100% and being 14-15 years old who knows what the underside would look like

I have found a couple within the state but it seems trying to get people to respond is the hardest effort. Usually if I try and sell something I don’t txt you once every 3-5 days

Gotcha, I know what you mean. I have few different ways of tackling the time to get these cars sometimes jumping through hoops.

I have an adventure ahead of me this weekend driving a car home from Kansas.

I had the exact same thought the other day I don't get why people post something for sale and don't respond??? I had mutual friends with a kid and got his phone number from someone and still no luck Lol people are dumb.

Gotcha, I know what you mean. I have few different ways of tackling the time to get these cars sometimes jumping through hoops.

I have an adventure ahead of me this weekend driving a car home from Kansas.

I had the exact same thought the other day I don't get why people post something for sale and don't respond??? I had mutual friends with a kid and got his phone number from someone and still no luck Lol people are dumb.

Found a local one with low miles but a blown engine still wants cash as if it was not in need of a full rebuild

Found a local one with low miles but a blown engine still wants cash as if it was not in need of a full rebuild

Not bad. If the price is right then snag that thing.

My buddy who messes with these funky engines told me pricing for a basic rebuild from reputable shops and it didn't seem too bad. I'd honestly mess with it myself since everything is online these days and not many parts in a rotary.

Not bad. If the price is right then snag that thing.

My buddy who messes with these funky engines told me pricing for a basic rebuild from reputable shops and it didn't seem too bad. I'd honestly mess with it myself since everything is online these days and not many parts in a rotary.

Nah about 3,000 for a full rebuild with labor however when you still want over 12k I’m not a buyer closer to 8-10 on something like that is reasonable

Rebuilds are all going to depend on how many internal parts are reusable. Once you start needing to replace irons and housings the pricing goes up dramatically. You can scrounge around the forums and find usable irons and housings if you know what to look for, but at that point getting new Mazda motors for around $6k are a good deal.

Eric, that’s a great looking example. Basically the evil twin to mine (black LS to white rotary both base models with CCW classics).

It’s always tough to judge values on swapped cars, but if your interior is in good shape I’d say you’re right on market with your asking price as well.