Local Dyno Time

Miller

Can you guys offer a recommendation for renting dyno time? I'm not looking for a tuner, I'm looking for a shop that specializes in operating a warm facility with internet access and specials for a few hours of time.

I have Dyno Brian on backup but he prefers to tune vs rent his rollers, so I want him to have an out if there's someone you guys can recommend.

Thanks guys. So far I got conversation with Chad from On3 but he's just now setting his rollers up, hopefully he has experience by the time I go to tune.

I'll reach out to Andy since he's an old buddy.

Crucial is busy I don't want to be a bother since they have lines of people to tune.

And I've still got Brian for backup as I trust him the most.

I can certainly see why this might be somewhat difficult to do. Most people own a dyno because they're tuners and renting it out is chump change compared to tuning, I totally understand someone not renting it out so some remote tuner can make the money.

Didn't realize ON3 was getting a dyno. Anyone heard anything about Rabid performance (Ricart's dyno)?

Anyone know how their performance wing is going?

I haven't heard anything for a couple months since my buddy left, but there wasn't much of anything going on there recently. They lost several good techs when the new owner took over and turned everybody flat rate earlier this year. I don't see them being able to get enough good people in there to ever make it successful.

I'll admit I was actually kind of excited to see them go that direction if they could market it properly and sell the value with being able to build tuning/upgrades into your payment schedule. Unfortunately it seemed like a good idea gone bad last time I was over in that area. It's not hard to look around and find a failed "speed shop" or two in the history of Columbus.

I'll admit I was actually kind of excited to see them go that direction if they could market it properly and sell the value with being able to build tuning/upgrades into your payment schedule. Unfortunately it seemed like a good idea gone bad last time I was over in that area. It's not hard to look around and find a failed "speed shop" or two in the history of Columbus.

For sure, I think they had a great opportunity to make it something unique. Unfortunately the owner had no automotive background (to my knowledge)and thinks it can be ran like a Verizon store. He made lots of promises to his employees and followed through with very few of them. I do not see him keeping it long term. I think its got to be a money pit the way its operating currently.

For sure, I think they had a great opportunity to make it something unique. Unfortunately the owner had no automotive background (to my knowledge)and thinks it can be ran like a Verizon store. He made lots of promises to his employees and followed through with very few of them. I do not see him keeping it long term. I think its got to be a money pit the way its operating currently.

Shawn did own a lot of Verizon stores... and was pretty successful at that.