Pick-N-Pull? Haven't been in forever...any "runners" out there?

zeitgeist57

After almost selling Cleetus this past weekend but disappointed with a couple of tee-ruks I looked at, I'm recommitted to fixing the old girl up with some body rust repair, suspension work, and overall refresh to make it a good winter beater-with-a-heater and get it ready for a repaint in the spring.

It's been FOREVER since I've been to Pick-N-Pull, as I've used http://www.car-part.com for any used parts that I've needed (CCAP, Woody's). However, the prices for F-150 parts are a little ridic at some of these junk yards - $75-200 for torn bench seats??? Dented and rusted tailgates for $125+??

I'm laughing at the idea of taking my Allen Edmonds off and wading out into a self-service lot for used parts as it's been awhile, but will definitely do so in the coming weeks if needed. Does anyone still on CR go to Pick-N-Pull on Groveport Road? Can I get a wishlist for some F-150 parts if someone's already going? Will pay finders' fee...;)

Just seeing who still stops by there from time to time, depending on their projects.

I went down to the one in Grove City, Obetz, whatever the hell it is.... Just totally rundown now. Everything seemed like super picked junk. Its like unless you have a 1998 Saturn SL2, don't bother lol

At least check online and see if they even show they have a truck.

At least check online and see if they even show they have a truck.

This!

I have an alert set up for Nissan pickups. When they come in I can check online to get a VIN (sometimes) to check basic equipment, then run down before everyone else picks it over.

Sheet metal and interior can be a bit tougher, but at least you'll know if there's even one there.

I checked their site earlier and there are 7 '80-'96 F-150s on the lot. Good thing I have a somewhat common platform to work with :lol:

Agreed that if I was looking for parts for something sportier/rare there wouldn't be a chance that Pick-N-Pull would have anything worthwhile. The last time I went there a few years ago looking just for steel wheels it felt like I was in some dystopian movie scene. That's when I went to CCAP and was happy to pay a premium for picked and cleaned parts.

Might just suck it up and stick with http://www.car-part.com.

Last time I was there the people greeted me at the door with a handshake and a caramel macchiato excitedly ready to assist me. A1 service!

Uhh, it's a junk yard... run by rednecks... for rednecks. And cheap shady "mechanics" Not entirely sure what you are looking for in "quality" there Sir :) Put on an old pair of American Eagle jeans, pick up a pair of Wolverine work boots at DSW, an old Gap flannel and go slum it with the plebes!

I haven't had much luck finding anything decent from a full size truck at Pick N Pull. I think they pull all the valuable stuff off of them before they even hit the yard, then leave the corpse for all the mouth breathers to destroy whatever is left. I'll go check out a Chevy 1500 two days after it arrives and by that point the vultures have picked it clean.

If you need parts for a 90s family car/SUV it's awesome though.