Coax converter

Sully

I have a 65" DLP in my man-cave that I've had for a few years. I love the picture and want to keep this tv for as long as possible. I cut the cord a while back and just use OTA for the local stuff. I noticed over this weekend that the coax ports are having an issue. The signal cuts out really bad. I am trying to figure out the best and cheapest way to convert the input type. I have component, S-video, and hdmi ports available. About the only thing I have found so far is this:

https://www.amazon.com/ViewTV-AT-164-Converter-Recording-Composite/dp/B01M4JYPM2/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1511796517&sr=8-17&keywords=coax+converter

I don't need or want all the extra fancy functions this thing has. I just need something basic. I have read that I could get a vcr to go from coax to component, but I have a feeling the picture will be really bad and I remember doing this years ago and having all kinds of issues getting it to work.

Anyone have any other ideas or suggestions to convert coax to a different type of input?

I have the device you have linked there. it works great. I had the exact same issues, coax went out on my bedroom tv and i bought that box to run HDMI to the tv, sucks cause now i have to change the channel on the box and turn on the tv with the other remote, so 2 remotes now. but it works great and fixed my issue.

I have the device you have linked there. it works great. I had the exact same issues, coax went out on my bedroom tv and i bought that box to run HDMI to the tv, sucks cause now i have to change the channel on the box and turn on the tv with the other remote, so 2 remotes now. but it works great and fixed my issue.

Yeah, that is one thing that sucks about having another box to add to the collection. I already have 1 for the receiver and 1 for the tv, so this will make 3 remotes. Having looked for different options, this may be my only and cheapest choice. It's either that or buy a new tv, I guess. And I don't want to be spending that kind of money right now.