Been working on this lately, still in progress

88lx5oh

Me and my buddy have been putting together a sim racing rig, we have been splitting the cost on stuff, and I have been doing all the fabricating (lol making it up as I go)

We got a great deal on a Fanatec wheel base, wheel, pedal set on Black Friday online.

I had an old Go Kart chassis laying around, so it's only natural to combine them.

I went back to the stock seat in my mustang, so I had the Sparco seat just sitting, threw that in there as well.

I mounted the pedals inverted for better feel.

My other good friend scored me a free 48" monitor to use.

Had a buddy give me a small roll of black automotive carpet that I put on the floor.

I ended up buying a cheap RCA 5.1 surround sound to mount in the rig. It has a sub, but it's terrible.

Scored a free bazooka tube powered sub, I will be installing that behind the driver seat.

Using an Xbox one for the gaming platform.

There are some other things I want to do to the rig still, to make it more finished, tuck all wires, clean everything up, paint, etc.

We picked up a Thrustmaster TH8a shifter today on sale, and will be ordering the adapter to make it work with the Fanatec wheel base, and order the Fanatec load cell add on pedal.

A handbrake will be in the future as well.

It's a blast to use as it sits now, but it will get better.

http://i.imgur.com/8Siynasl.jpg

Hell yes! That is awesome, especially for the low cost of the build :cool:

That's awesome! I was just talking with someone last week about putting together something similar for iRacing.

Same. I definitely wanna get into it eventually

Looks awesome. I’d recommend trying to get the TV as close as possible to the wheel and your hands. Then measure the viewing distance and use a FOV calculator to se FOV. This will make sure the screen doesn’t stretch/skew what you’re seeing and help gameplay a lot. I’m not sure if all simulators have this setting but it’s very important in IRacing.