Milwaukee m18 fuel impact

Lauren

I have the m12 1/4" impact wrench which I love. But looking to add and many want to be able to break lug nuts and axle nuts.

So mid torque isn't up to it?

No. I personally think it's a 3/8 gun with a 1/2 anvil. Would not want, buy a 3/8 in that size (because that's all it's good for) and buy the big 1/2.

No. I personally think it's a 3/8 gun with a 1/2 anvil. Would not want, buy a 3/8 in that size (because that's all it's good for) and buy the big 1/2.

Are you sure you're not talking about this one which is literally their 3/8 with a 1/2" anvil.

https://www.cpomilwaukee.com/milwaukee-2755b-20-fuel-m18-18v-cordless-lithium-ion-1-2-in--compact-impact-wrench-with-friction-ring--bare-tool-/miln2755b-20,default,pd.html

And not this one which the OP is talking about?

https://www.cpomilwaukee.com/milwaukee-2861-20-m18-fuel-1-2-in--mid-torque-impact-wrench-with-friction-ring--bare-tool-/miln2861-20,default,pd.html?ref=pla-mobile&zmam=31282435&zmas=47&zmac=731&zmap=miln2861-20&gclid=CjwKCAiAjuPRBRBxEiwAeQ2QPhbxA3k4-xqUgo9ypdk3sPHkK8PZDNNFU0kZ1a2mtbSBl9g4u3bA9BoCrRUQAvD_BwE

I have not used the Milwaukee mid torque but will probably buy one come race season, I have used my friends dewalt stuff and their 20v maxx 3/8 will pull a lug nut that is correctly torqued to 100ish off with a little struggle. Their big dog 20v one will break your wrist. Pull 46mm axle nuts off no problem.

Are you sure you're not talking about this one which is literally their 3/8 with a 1/2" anvil.

https://www.cpomilwaukee.com/milwaukee-2755b-20-fuel-m18-18v-cordless-lithium-ion-1-2-in--compact-impact-wrench-with-friction-ring--bare-tool-/miln2755b-20,default,pd.html

And not this one which the OP is talking about?

https://www.cpomilwaukee.com/milwaukee-2861-20-m18-fuel-1-2-in--mid-torque-impact-wrench-with-friction-ring--bare-tool-/miln2861-20,default,pd.html?ref=pla-mobile&zmam=31282435&zmas=47&zmac=731&zmap=miln2861-20&gclid=CjwKCAiAjuPRBRBxEiwAeQ2QPhbxA3k4-xqUgo9ypdk3sPHkK8PZDNNFU0kZ1a2mtbSBl9g4u3bA9BoCrRUQAvD_BwE

I have not used the Milwaukee mid torque but will probably buy one come race season, I have used my friends dewalt stuff and their 20v maxx 3/8 will pull a lug nut that is correctly torqued to 100ish off with a little struggle. Their big dog 20v one will break your wrist. Pull 46mm axle nuts off no problem.

Eh maybe, didn't realize they have that many different tools. I personally have Snap-on's stuff, it's not the best but far from the worst.

I still stick with my buy the bigger stuff opinion. You can't make it bigger later but you can take it easy on the trigger for smaller stuff. The only time I use 1/2 drive tools is for big stubborn parts anyway.

Milwaukee is great that they’re making lots of options, but they’re also making things confusing as hell. The mid torque should take off lug nuts no problem. Try to think about jobs you’d really use it for and then make your consideration on size vs power.

I have their older non-fuel 1/2 impact which has similar specs to the mid torque I believe and I can take it to the track and change wheels all weekend without concern. I’ve also taken off axle nuts easily and even took off the dreaded flywheel but on a rotary motor after about 30-sec of hammering.

I have the big 1/2" impact, its bigger and heavier than I thought it would be. Id like to have the midsized one but doubt I would trade down. Im just a weekender and its great for what I do. I actually just gave away my 1/2" air impact because I never once used it after I got the electric gun.

• 1 month later...