2018 F-150 Diesel

zeitgeist57

Commercial diesels are pricey to maintain, but 3/4 and 1 ton diesel pickups aren't too bad at all (at least the ones you can maintain without removing the cab) - that's a powerstroke joke kids.

Yup. Only pickup diesel I will ever own is a Cummins. 99.9% of things on those needing replacement due to failure you could do anywhere anytime with minimal tools if you REALLY had to.

Powerstroke and Dmax, lolnope.gif

*cough*

<--

~$5000 premium for the diesel. If you're towing lighter loads lots of highway miles I can see how it could be attractive.

I use it during the summer here, and when towing, but outside of that, 87. I haven't noticed any issues with 87 in the cooler months. In the peak of summer though, it will ping and pull timing with 87, so I have to use 93.

I use it during the summer here, and when towing, but outside of that, 87. I haven't noticed any issues with 87 in the cooler months. In the peak of summer though, it will ping and pull timing with 87, so I have to use 93.

Yea, I ran 87 at first but it's so hilly as fuck here I do notice a small difference in performance chugging around the hills. I tend to drive in sport mode almost all of the time because of that too, takes away the "old guy" softness of the thing on the hills.