Any Members currently in the Automotive insurance industry ?

Buckeye1647545503

I Have been for many years wanting to get into the industry and all attempts to do so have yielded little to no response. I have years of experience in the automotive field both running a repair shop and various companies. I also graduated from Eastland Carrier center in Autobody repair. I Am getting no feedback (pretty much no response at all) SO I am asking you all in hopes I can learn what is needed to gain at least an interview for a Claims adjuster job.

What is a Insurance company looking for on a resume that I must not be showing on mine?

i am looking into getting a P&C Adjusters license even though it looks like Ohio doesn't require one?? I figure it might show someone I am serous.

I always thought this would be a pretty cool job to have. It was always one of my back up ideas of something I'd enjoy doing. I have nothing to add, but I'm sure previously being a body shop estimator would probably be very good experience to get an adjuster job.

Are you trying to adjust claims or are you trying to write estimates? A lot of companies have turned them into 2 different jobs.

Adjusting/handling claims is not as hard to get in to. Most companies require a bachelor's degree. You can get hired without one but it makes it a little more difficult to move up.

Writing estimates/field adjuster is very difficult to get in to. You usually have to start at another position and move into it. Not saying it's impossible just hard to get into off the street.

Ohio does not require a license.

It's a good job if you can get your foot in the door. Pay increases the more difficult types of claims you handle. But just like any other job it does suck at times. Most of the time your dealing with people that are having a pretty bad day and some don't react well when you don't give them what they want.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk