Geeto67's Political Playground

zeitgeist57

Why do people on the left type out novels and always make sure to get in the personal attacks? It's a common thing I see from most every liberal.

SJW's are fighting for social justice for everyone on their side. They're the first to insult and use derogatory terms towards anyone with a different belief.

Hate will never win

Unless of course, it's us hating pretty much everyone and every ideology that doesn't correspond with our own.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SJW's are fighting for social justice for everyone on their side. They're the first to insult and use derogatory terms towards anyone with a different belief.

Hate will never win

Unless of course, it's us hating pretty much everyone and every ideology that doesn't correspond with our own.

says the walking hate tank.

and you assume this is different for the other side?

The left pretends to be about equality, the right doesn't. Not saying there shouldn't be equality, there should be. But the left doesn't want equality, they want advantages when it's convenient. That's the difference.

The left pretends to be about equality, the right doesn't.

What does this really mean? Did you ever stop to consider that the "equality" they are advocating is different than your understanding of equality?

What is it that makes you think they "pretend"?

Not saying there shouldn't be equality, there should be. But the left doesn't want equality, they want advantages when it's convenient. That's the difference.

Again explain. What are these "Advantages" that you speak of?

assume what? you said something word for word that is a meme on facebook. It could be a coincidence, or.....

Care to back this up? cause I still see plenty of reporting on it. Then again, I don't have the attention span of a goldfish.

No the other things you say do that, not just one comment. You do say a lot of ignorant unfounded shit - if you are presenting it as something that is not your opinion you sure do a lousy job of making that clear.

From what I see above, the conservative people having a discussion, while the liberal spews nasty personal hate remarks. This is all I seem to see and hear on the media as well as from democratic liberals. I never paid attention to this, but as soon as I did, it was crystal clear as in the replies above.

From what I see above, the conservative people having a discussion, while the liberal spews nasty personal hate remarks. This is all I seem to see and hear on the media as well as from democratic liberals. I never paid attention to this, but as soon as I did, it was crystal clear as in the replies above.

And it never occurred to you that the other-side sees conservative "tone" as aggressive, demeaning, insensitive, or insulting on the outset? Esp given that usually conservatives write from a different presumed context than progressives? Do you not feel like you may owe 1/2 the problem to the communication breakdown?

Let's change the subject for a second:

https://jalopnik.com/enterprise-car-rental-company-ends-discount-for-nra-mem-1823261339

Enterprise Holdings, which operates major car rental companies in the U.S., said on Thursday that it’ll no longer offer a discount to members of the National Rifle Association, following a mass shooting at a school in Parkland, Florida, that left 17 people dead.

discuss

Because the NRA is responsible for these shootings.

I don't think that's being said, and honestly that's a logical leap bigger than the Snake River Canyon to get there.

Companies partner with others to offer discounts all the time. Some do it as part of services packages, some do it just to get access to a group of customers that normally wouldn't have access to. Those partnerships end all the time too for a variety of reasons. Simply choosing the not offer a discount is a pretty easy switch for a company to flip, so they aren't going out of their way to do this.

In this case I think Enterprise's message is pretty clear, they no longer want to offer preferential treatment to members of an organization whose reaction to the shooting is dead set on maintaining the status quo rather than at least discuss gun control. They are not blaming the NRA for the shooting, but they are making a statement about the NRA's reaction. They are also not banning any member, they just aren't reaching out to that customer base any more to offer an incentive to rent.

Please. Both sides insult.

+1

There was originally a discount for NRA members? Do they offer military discounts, because I have rented from them before and I don't remember them offering one.

There was originally a discount for NRA members? Do they offer military discounts, because I have rented from them before and I don't remember them offering one.

Most places don't hand out discounts, you have to ask. Unless of course you're building a second headquarter and tax abatements fall out the ying yang

yes there is a military discount. Actually almost all companies offer a military discount of some sort, you really should be asking that question to them a lot more.

https://www.enterprise.com/en/help/faqs/military-discount.html

If you belong to a club or a rewards program, read their partnership and rewards page to find out who offers incentives.

not a government site and not comprehensive in the least - but this details some of the discounts military members(active and retired) get:

https://militarybenefits.info/military-discounts/

Most places don't hand out discounts, you have to ask. Unless of course you're building a second headquarter and tax abatements fall out the ying yang

yes there is a military discount. Actually almost all companies offer a military discount of some sort, you really should be asking that question to them a lot more.

https://www.enterprise.com/en/help/faqs/military-discount.html

If you belong to a club or a rewards program, read their partnership and rewards page to find out who offers incentives.

not a government site and not comprehensive in the least - but this details some of the discounts military members(active and retired) get:

https://militarybenefits.info/military-discounts/

I feel like I did ask and they said no unless I was spending over a certain amount or something? Could be wrong or mis-remembering.

Either way, Enterprise is free to give discounts to whoever they want. It's a private company so they're free to do as they please. No need to get in an uproar over it. If another rental car company CEO supports the 2nd amendment, they should step up and offer a discount or increase their discount to gain the business of NRA members.

I feel like I did ask and they said no unless I was spending over a certain amount or something? Could be wrong or mis-remembering.

Either way, Enterprise is free to give discounts to whoever they want. It's a private company so they're free to do as they please. No need to get in an uproar over it. If another rental car company CEO supports the 2nd amendment, they should step up and offer a discount or increase their discount to gain the business of NRA members.

They partner with USAA so if you are a USAA member, you can book through them and get the discount.

FWIW, AAA gives the best discounts on rental cars in my personal experience.

Supporting the 2nd amendment and supporting the NRA are two different things. Just to make that crystal clear. You can support the 2nd amendment in the current interpretation under the law and be different from the NRA's position of free and unencumbered access to all. you understand that right?

The Enterprise thing...I feel meh, whatever. It's not going to accomplish anything.

Trump's plan to increase the purchasing age to 21 is the best thing to do. Him wanting to regulate bump stocks...whatever, no one needs those anyway. The left needs to say thank you, we'll take it and shut the fuck up. The right needs to say this is what we're willing to do to help prevent this from happening in the future, then shut the fuck up too.

Then if there's another school shooting, we can look at the factors that allowed it to happen and go from there.

Trump's plan to increase the purchasing age to 21 is the best thing to do. Him wanting to regulate bump stocks...whatever, no one needs those anyway. The left needs to say thank you, we'll take it and shut the fuck up. The right needs to say this is what we're willing to do to help prevent this from happening in the future, then shut the fuck up too.

Hard to argue with this, but someone is going to find a way to.

Then if there's another school shooting, we can look at the factors that allowed it to happen and go from there.

Except the dickey amendment will prevent any further research into this other than the initial criminal investigation. Hence why it needs to end. Tim asked before what other research do we need, and if you want to know it's research into what causes these events and if there is a common factor or choke point.

You can regulate the distribution requirements and licensed sellers without interrupting 2A rights of the individual pretty easy. I betcha if you started making sellers an accessory to the crimes committed by the individuals they sell guns to, they would sharpen up right quick and impose all sorts of tests and barriers to purchase.

They partner with USAA so if you are a USAA member, you can book through them and get the discount.

FWIW, AAA gives the best discounts on rental cars in my personal experience.

Supporting the 2nd amendment and supporting the NRA are two different things. Just to make that crystal clear. You can support the 2nd amendment in the current interpretation under the law and be different from the NRA's position of free and unencumbered access to all. you understand that right?

Regardless of that, they are free to give discounts to whoever they want. Anyone pissed off about it should go elsewhere for car rentals.

The Enterprise thing...I feel meh, whatever. It's not going to accomplish anything.

Depending on how this is written, it could be very encompassing and not so good for other things in the industry. Want a better trigger? Nope, can't do that. Want a magazine release? Nope, no more of those either. Buffers, springs, gas blocks, etc; all potentially on the chopping block as they can affect the cyclic rate of a semi-auto firearm.

If it just specifically states 'bump stocks', fine, I'll take the hit on that even though I think it's pointless (as well as the stocks themselves) legislation. But, if it says any device capable of increasing the rate of fire, well then, I've got a big issue with that.

I betcha if you started making sellers an accessory to the crimes committed by the individuals they sell guns to, they would sharpen up right quick and impose all sorts of tests and barriers to purchase.

Umm. Did he not pass the Federal Background check? WTF else are they supposed to do, start stereotyping and discriminating?

I could see how well that would go. "Well, you're a black guy and your kind tends to shoot each other, so I'm not gonna sell this to you even though you jumped through all the hoops the .gov put in place."