Automatic transmissions LOL

Miller

Hardon Wanger gonna come in with that ultra funny "tranny fetish" line and drop a bomb on yo cuck ass Miller, better watch out. You gonna get a name change like a noob. Can't wait.

Guiz look at my family sedan, totally sporty has the same ability to not do what I tell it to do as my grandmother's Grand Marquis. Totally sweet, I can slap that thtick and it'll shift 3 seconds later and I'll feel like Senna.

I'm in "toy" Limbo at the moment, as I've been purging G8 parts, and plan to take the car to CarMax this weekend. I plan on a classic, but thought I'd look at something to fill the gap untill we move.

The Jag XJ and XJR caught my eye with the 510hp 5.0 supercharged, I was ready to go test drive one, until...... No available manual! Not even an option.

I've told myself, I won't buy another fun car without a stick, but pickings are slim in the reasonable V8 sedan market. Not really looking for a BMW, which seems to be the only thing with a manual in this niche.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Looks like somebody needs a hug? Maybe Catlin Jenner or Rupal can help you out with that?

Fun fact, I've owned several clutch cars and was actually going to pull the trigger on a 6-speed Camaro until I needed a truck.

Additional fun fact: My goal in life is to own something fast enough that requires a Liberty or G-Force transmission.

Final fact: CLUTCHLOLZ

I'm in "toy" Limbo at the moment, as I've been purging G8 parts, and plan to take the car to CarMax this weekend. I plan on a classic, but thought I'd look at something to fill the gap untill we move.

The Jag XJ and XJR caught my eye with the 510hp 5.0 supercharged, I was ready to go test drive one, until...... No available manual! Not even an option.

I've told myself, I won't buy another fun car without a stick, but pickings are slim in the reasonable V8 sedan market. Not really looking for a BMW, which seems to be the only thing with a manual in this niche.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

V8 manual sedan? You're pretty much stuck with m3. But not a new one, because they traded glorious v8 braps for efficient flatulent super-torx tubo-6. Sweet motor bruh, got the same one in my $5k 335!

I recommend one of those new manuals. I put in the D and let it do its thing, but then flop to manual for when I'm RACING so I can bang it off the limiter and everyone can hear the exhaust pop. Best of both worlds :gabe: :gabe: :gabe: PLUS motortrend says it's .2 seconds faster from 0-60 on a prepped dragstrip after you put the traction control in R and the throttle in R2 and then hold the brake and both paddles then step on the gas for more than 1 but less than 4 seconds then let off the brake. WHOA! Can't wait to show the guys at cars & coffee that trick! :gabe:

Almos forgot, my cousin's mechanic's 10-second civic crew chief knows a guy that ONLY has Right-wheel-drive manuals, and his wife even drives only manuals! You guiz probably know him, I should tell him about the site.

Old guy checking in - not going to kill myself to find a manual if I go SS or CTSv. For the way I drive these days an auto probably works best for me. That way I can drink my latte while putting bus lengths on other commuters that may or may not know we are racing. We are by the way.

Old guy checking in - not going to kill myself to find a manual if I go SS or CTSv. For the way I drive these days an auto probably works best for me. That way I can drink my latte while putting bus lengths on other commuters that may or may not know we are racing. We are by the way.

I hear people that drive slow but pretend to be fast are loving the new teslas! You can totally drive slower than the cars behind want you to, but then when they attempt to pass you can shut em down with your super-efficient responsibly-sourced renewable socially-conscious torx!

And you can tell all your car-guy friends it's better than a manual because your left foot can fall asleep and you don't scuff your designer shoes trying to work the release pedal or whatever that one one the end was in that one car. Not to mention, with your shifting hand free you can hold your latte, giving you more time to appreciate the 100% post-consumer content cup!

I hear people that drive slow but pretend to be fast are loving the new teslas! You can totally drive slower than the cars behind want you to, but then when they attempt to pass you can shut em down with your super-efficient responsibly-sourced renewable socially-conscious torx!

And you can tell all your car-guy friends it's better than a manual because your left foot can fall asleep and you don't scuff your designer shoes trying to work the release pedal or whatever that one one the end was in that one car. Not to mention, with your shifting hand free you can hold your latte, giving you more time to appreciate the 100% post-consumer content cup!

I cannot see me ever owning a Tesla

Let me know when you can shift this fast. This isn’t even a dual clutch trans. Just a regular 8 speed slushbox.

Looks boring. I bet you could just put your right foot down, hold a camera really steady, probably check your facebook, AND tap your left foot with the music ALL AT THE SAME TIME!

Actually, maybe that IS more fun than driving?

Nah, I rode a CVT scooter once, was basically the best. No shifting at all!

Let me know when you can shift this fast. This isn’t even a dual clutch trans. Just a regular 8 speed slushbox.

Trying to be the fastest is a fools errand.

And I agree with rymer, looks boring as hell. Do not want.

Well if you need something to jerk on as a compromise you can get one of these sequential deals. I've seen these at PRI and they keep making them better/cheaper.

There's a certain twin turbo viper out of Clevland that went to a paddle shifted auto/manual deal and he went full Kobe rape face on everybody.

This car is just nasty

dem viper sounds

I've driven 8 sec. GTRs that your grandma can literally make an 8 second pass in. The Technology is great. The easy and repeatability are nuts. The visceral experience is severely lacking. The Sketch factor was negative 7.

If you want a video game car, play a video game. If you want to have a real experience when your driving your internal combustion vehicle- keep the man pedal.