Automatic transmissions LOL

Miller

I've driven 8 sec. GTRs that your grandma can literally make an 8 second pass in. The Technology is great. The easy and repeatability are nuts. The visceral experience is severely lacking. The Sketch factor was negative 7.

If you want a video game car, play a video game. If you want to have a real experience when your driving your internal combustion vehicle- keep the man pedal.

Hahaha. When Jones had a gtr we used to call it the "game genie". Rustled him something awful.

I've driven 8 sec. GTRs that your grandma can literally make an 8 second pass in. The Technology is great. The easy and repeatability are nuts. The visceral experience is severely lacking. The Sketch factor was negative 7.

If you want a video game car, play a video game. If you want to have a real experience when your driving your internal combustion vehicle- keep the man pedal.

Bravo.

Hahaha. When Jones had a gtr we used to call it the "game genie". Rustled him something awful.

Fakken game genie LOL

Enter track- "circleville raceway park"

Enter driver- "randy fuckin pobst"

Press "GO" for trophies

NEATO!

Until run 4 when you can't launch anymore because the game genie only gibs ya 3 wishes and ya gotta take a couple cool-down miles to get the launch back

I was going to write in this thread with all the hallmark holidays that exist "why isn't there a manual transmission appreciation day?" and shouldn't we start one...

...Then I realized, when you drive stick - every day is manual trans appreciation day.

You gotta weigh, what do I care about more when it comes to "fun"

Going a half a second faster through the 1/4 the few times a year you go, or at all or having something fun to drive almost every weekend?

Or learn to bang gears and not be half a second slower....or just "roll from 60" :gabe:

I'll admit they are AWESOME cars. Great engines- and when modified, likely the best transmission on the planet. Also you can THROW, and I mean throw the thing intot turn 4 at Mid Ohio in a fashion that would have nay other car buried in China Beach, and it just "figures it out". There absolutely is a place for that.

But a "safeties off" car with a true manual is just so much more enjoyable. A good example was my old CTS-V. I powersid' that car at minimum 3 times on the way to and from work every day. And I mean, EVERY day. Put a smile on my face every time. :)

You just can't Hoon' in a GTR