Tech issue

SRTurbo04

Today my micro sd card in my phone alll of a sudden is corrupted. So im trying to reformat it to just restart it. Putting it in my computer and i get the error " the disk is write protected" i have googled how to get it removed and i cant seem to get it to. Is there some program out there that can do this for me?

Don't want to buy another card if its still fine?

It's fucked.

Cards die all the time especially if under heavy use, even good quality ones. Flash memory is NOT a reliable medium. My older/shittier dashcam (that didnt have hardware encoding and wrote huge files) killed a 64gb samsung evo micro sd card in about 8 months, same symptoms as yours.

Buy quality cards if there is anything you care about at all, and back it up often.

Giving you an honest answer, if the card is corrupted then throw it in the trash. SD cards are so cheap that they are practically disposable at this point.

32 GB ones are $15 on Amazon :)

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Class-Micro-Adapter-MB-MC32GA/dp/B0749KG1JK/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1520041024&sr=1-3&keywords=samsung+sd+card

Want to recover the data?

We have used Wondershare: Data Recovery at work. The price for the software is not crazy, but I can't guarantee that paying for the software will bring your files back. SD cards are almost impossible to recover data on... trust me! It's more trouble then it's worth.

Sorry for your loss m8 :(

Well dam.

I know there cheap but just think its ridiculous to spend 30 bucks every 6 months on a memory card.

if you're killing them that fast on a phone you've got some other issues going on

i've never had one fail in a phone within the life of the phone, only intensive write devices (dash cam, dslr video)

if you're killing them that fast on a phone you've got some other issues going on

i've never had one fail in a phone within the life of the phone, only intensive write devices (dash cam, dslr video)

First time happened but it only lasted 6 months

like Ryan is saying, if you have them break frequently then it's something YOUR doing. I would be interested to know the brand your SD card was. I only purchase Samsung SD cards because they seem to strike a good balance of quality and performance (transfer speeds). this is completely opinionated though... i'v seen people make the $5 Chinese ones last for years. its whatever you like really. Again... sorry for your loss man, i'v had some SSD die on me before and it kills me inside to lose data.

like Ryan is saying, if you have them break frequently then it's something YOUR doing. I would be interested to know the brand your SD card was. I only purchase Samsung SD cards because they seem to strike a good balance of quality and performance (transfer speeds). this is completely opinionated though... i'v seen people make the $5 Chinese ones last for years. its whatever you like really. Again... sorry for your loss man, i'v had some SSD die on me before and it kills me inside to lose data.

First time it happened and ironically its a Samsung 64gb evo plus class 10.

First time it happened and ironically its a Samsung 64gb evo plus class 10.

O_O WOW!

That's actually surprising to me. I have used nothing but Samsung with great results. I would honestly just attribute your situation with "bad luck". All of my gadgets use Samsung SD Cards and I have only had one die in my GoPro after it took a hockey puck right to the back.