Street Outlaws Bowling Green

wagner

I've had to sit on these since November and have a ton more that will be used in other articles.

It was an insane scene, to say the least, it's where professional wrestling meets racing for sure. It's great for the sport to get new people interested like this.

http://www.dragzine.com/race-coverage/street-outlaws-no-prep-kings-visits-beech-bend-raceway/

I don't doubt it, every one on that show is a character and the cars are legit interesting.

To be honest, I had no idea there were that many fast street cars in America, and I am sure I am seeing a fraction of a percent on the show and in the events coverage.

Good article, nicely done.

I'll be 100% honest I've watched all of these shows since the beginning, not entirely sure why they hooked me so well but it happened. The explosion in popularity it's provided for drag racing and the performance industry is amazing, it's truly changing the face of the sport.

At PRI this year, not sure I saw 1 "professional driver" of the NHRA like you would see in the past, but damn near the entire cast of Street Outlaws was there with lines everywhere for signatures. I'm glad they have gotten rid of some of the mythology of being "Street Cars" and made it "Street Race Cars" since anyone who's seen even a clip of an episode can tell none of these are street driven cars.

I'll be 100% honest I've watched all of these shows since the beginning, not entirely sure why they hooked me so well but it happened. The explosion in popularity it's provided for drag racing and the performance industry is amazing, it's truly changing the face of the sport.

At PRI this year, not sure I saw 1 "professional driver" of the NHRA like you would see in the past, but damn near the entire cast of Street Outlaws was there with lines everywhere for signatures. .

And in the bars at night.

Some of those boys are a hoot :)

Its been similar to the effect FnF had on the Import industry IMO

Its been similar to the effect FnF had on the Import industry IMO

COMPLETELY agree! The shot in the arm these shows have provided to the classic car/racing industry has been very similar to the FnF boost to the Import/Tuner scene.

Case in point, my personal money pits of Pontiacs :)