Sig Sauer

jerrodh

Who's a fan? I just got a p238 as a replacement pocket carry. I previously thought I "loved" the LC9 as expressed in previous threads. The p238 is by far Superior.

Would like to know who knows their sigs as I am pretty much a newbie to the guns. I'm considering getting rid of my long time main carry/bedside XDM .40 Springfield for another sig because I like the P238 so much.

Open to opinions on sig's 9mm/.40/.45's ( I am looking at their higher capacity full size pistols as I already have a pocket and not their 1911 either).

On a side note anyone have experiance with a the red dot mounted hand guns? Doesn't have to be sigs just in general. I've never shot a pistol with one just have seen them quite a bit in the higher end sig's, HK's, etc. just wondering everyones thoughts.

Again this would be primary a carry/bedside gun so not sure how real turning a red-dot on would be in a defense scenario.

My advice is to go put your paws on a bunch of different guns and see what fits you. Sig makes great guns but for your purpose I would still consider others. Sometimes the best compact gun for you is made by one company and the best full size is a different brand.

As far as weapon mounted accessories, they add a lot of weight and cost. Find someone with one and carry it. Take it to the range and shoot it. The holster selection is also limited. If it’s what you want, go for it but just realize accessories add weight and complicate concealed carry. As alternative a gunsmith can modify your existing XDM for a RMR sight. Plus the consensus seems to be 40 is on its way out. As a SHTF, 40 May be a good one to keep. And there is always a good reason to have another gun.

The best advice is whatever you decide, train with it. Carry it, shoot it and practice inside you house with whatever accessory you choose. Good luck

My advice is to go put your paws on a bunch of different guns and see what fits you. Sig makes great guns but for your purpose I would still consider others. Sometimes the best compact gun for you is made by one company and the best full size is a different brand.

As far as weapon mounted accessories, they add a lot of weight and cost. Find someone with one and carry it. Take it to the range and shoot it. The holster selection is also limited. If it’s what you want, go for it but just realize accessories add weight and complicate concealed carry. As alternative a gunsmith can modify your existing XDM for a RMR sight. Plus the consensus seems to be 40 is on its way out. As a SHTF, 40 May be a good one to keep. And there is always a good reason to have another gun.

The best advice is whatever you decide, train with it. Carry it, shoot it and practice inside you house with whatever accessory you choose. Good luck

Solid advice.

Laser is tacticool and worthless for CCW IMO and in my training.

Sig's are damned fine firearms. IMHO they're not better than fine firearms that cost far less. I feel they, like some others, are priced far higher than they're worth and folks buy them for the name.

Just my experience though. YMMV.

Solid advice.

Laser is tacticool and worthless for CCW IMO and in my training.

Sig's are damned fine firearms. IMHO they're not better than fine firearms that cost far less. I feel they, like some others, are priced far higher than they're worth and folks buy them for the name.

Just my experience though. YMMV.

Seconded imho.

My wife likes her 938 and my 224 is nice, but my 224 gave me loads of headaches in the beginning that I don’t trust it as an every day carry.

My mother has a P226 and my brother has a P227. Both are incredibly nice and easily the nicest guns they have (Springfield, Glock, Ruger). The only thing I'm not a fan of is the hammer fire. However, I've been wanting to try out their P320 as I much prefer a striker fire gun. If it shoots as good as theirs, it will definitely be the top gun on my list. Edited by Fiji ST

Sig used to be great, then the designer that ruined Kimber went to work for them, ruined them for a bit, but now I think they're starting to improve again.

Offering all of their carry guns in every flavor of the rainbow drives me nuts. Function >>>>>Form

But that isn't usually what sells; pretty colors and tacky names do.