Note 8 or Pixel 2xl?

Benner

So getting ready to get a new phone. Been a die hard Galaxy fan for years however the Pixel 2 so looks like a hell of a phone. Which should I get and why

Edit: my wife has the Note 8 so I have slight experience with the Note 8. So i guess what I should be asking is, is the Pixel 2xl better in the "Raw Android Experience", speed, and customizability enough to jusifty purchasing the Pixel 2Xl over the Note 8.

Edited by Benner

Do you care about taking amazing photos? if yes, The answer is: The Pixel

Do you care about stock android? if yes, The answer is: The Pixel

Do you like almost being forced into an Apple-like eco system of products? if yes, The answer is: The Note 8

Do you like Samsung? if yes, The answer is: The Note 8

Honestly... I love my note 8. I have a Gear Watch and IconX headphones from Samsung and everything works perfectly. I am not a huge fan of the Samsung Android interface, but an Android Launcher takes care of that in two seconds. My Note 8 lasts all day and has some great features. I also enjoy the stylus which is exclusive to the Note, but be warned... the Galaxy S 8+ is basically a Note 8 without the stylus... and it's cheaper then the Note 8, so keep that in mind if you care about price.

Pixel 2xl here.....been pretty happy with it the couple months I've had it. We have 4 pixel phones and so far 2 of them have been dropped and broken. Not sure if that says something about the phones or the users. My wife dropped hers and busted the screen and my daughter dropped hers and shattered the camera.

I chose the Note 8 because I trust Samsung long term over LG who makes the Pixel 2 XL.

My last phone was the Galaxy S6 which still works to this day. If you don't need the S-Pen I'd go with the S9+ over the 2 XL.

Well I got the Note 8. I really wanted the Pixel 2xl however there were a couple factors that swayed me.

1. No headphone jack. While I know bluetooth is the new way to go, I really don't trust myself with not losing a $50 to $150 pair of decent blue toothsome while I can buy decent corded for around $25 to $50

2. Ram. Every phone I've had I've pushed it to the point lagging badly. I know the add-ins of the Note 8 negate most of that ram.

3. Screen quality. The pixel 2xl looked nice however the note 8 had that clarity and brilliance.