Who has built a motorized bicycle?

RC K9

Not to go too OT, but I was up in Troy, MI for a business offsite meeting a few weeks ago and Waze had me go to the wrong address. I re-routed and it took me through this old-money neighborhood. Off to the left was some 1900s ivy-league-looking campus...then I passed the sign..."CRANBROOK".

I nearly sh!t myself. I told my coworker in the car with me about the 8Mile reference, and how I can't see anything "Cranbrook" (including a housing community near me off of Kenny Road, north of Ackerman) without cursing it's existence. :lol:

BTW, F*k Michigan. The weather blows, the highways are HORRENDOUS both from an unnecessary traffic as well as ROAD DAMAGE standpoint, and everything looks 25 years' past it's prime.

Congrats on getting the bike to work! :)

Not to go too OT, but I was up in Troy, MI for a business offsite meeting a few weeks ago and Waze had me go to the wrong address. I re-routed and it took me through this old-money neighborhood. Off to the left was some 1900s ivy-league-looking campus...then I passed the sign..."CRANBROOK".

I nearly sh!t myself. I told my coworker in the car with me about the 8Mile reference, and how I can't see anything "Cranbrook" (including a housing community near me off of Kenny Road, north of Ackerman) without cursing it's existence. :lol:

BTW, F*k Michigan. The weather blows, the highways are HORRENDOUS both from an unnecessary traffic as well as ROAD DAMAGE standpoint, and everything looks 25 years' past it's prime.

Congrats on getting the bike to work! :)

Bahahahaha

Good job on getting one together. looks fun!

Now that you have done it, time to put it on a mountain bike with disc brakes and suspension. 32mph on something with clincher brakes would make my butthole clinch

Good job on getting one together. looks fun!

Now that you have done it, time to put it on a mountain bike with disc brakes and suspension. 32mph on something with clincher brakes would make my butthole clinch

It's sketchy for sure. But so fun. I did put a front rim brake LED headlight and tail light, and center kick stand on it yesterday. The front brake definitely helps.

• 1 month later...
That looks amazeballz! how much heat do you get off the exhaust right there next to your leg?

Very little. I can put my hand on the stinger and it's not hot. I think the expansion chamber cools it significantly.

The head on the other hand...the cylinder head gets REALLY hot. So the tune of a few hundred degrees. I can't feel it through my pants, but you do NOT want to touch that.