1992 Sonoma gt engine/trans

vonrottes

1992 Sonoma gt 4.3 v6 and 700r4/4l60 transmission.

Pulled from a running truck, has 15x,XXX miles of which I've put roughly 10,000 on it since July 2017.

Engine runs stong, does not have any weird noises although it does burn a slight bit of oil at idle and start up, I believe it is the valve stem seals.. just changed plugs, wires, cap/rotor in late last year.

To my knowledge there is nothing special about the Sonoma gt 4.3 other than it was the first year for the CPI vortec.

Transmission shifts great, doesn't have any issues as far as I can tell. Torque converter locks up just fine.

Engine will come complete with alternator, water pump, ecu, airbox, oil cooler lines, manifolds, ypipe, etc..pretty much everything except the AC compressor.

Engine/trans will be separated for removal but would like to sell together as I don't need/want either of them..

Available for pick up Saturday May 12th

I leave town may 14th.

I'll get pictures when I get home.

$300 obo

• 2 weeks later...
welp. nevermind. just talked to my son and he said he has a 2.8 he's tearing apart. wonder how bad the swap would be? He has a 5 spd in it.

The swap wouldn't be hard, it would bolt in. I'd assume your sons truck is a TBI 4.3, so you need the wiring, ECM, and fuel system from the CPI truck. Fuel pump in the tank is different because CPI has higher fuel pressure. Overall it would be easier then a 3800 in a Fiero.

If it's a 4.3 truck why is he fucking with a 2.8? That's not the same at all. Different bellhousing, different mounts, different exhaust manifolds/y-pipe. That sure sounds counter productive.

welp. nevermind. just talked to my son and he said he has a 2.8 he's tearing apart. wonder how bad the swap would be? He has a 5 spd in it.

Honestly going from a 2.8 to a 4.3 is about like going from a 2.8 to a 5.0/5.7

not much swaps over.

If he would want to do the 4.3 it's just sitting in my garage taking up room.

Would definitely need to be gone through to figure why it's burning oil, but still runs strong so I doubt it would be anything to serious.

Only thing I can not included with it is the Engine wiring harness...

The swap wouldn't be hard, it would bolt in. I'd assume your sons truck is a TBI 4.3, so you need the wiring, ECM, and fuel system from the CPI truck. Fuel pump in the tank is different because CPI has higher fuel pressure. Overall it would be easier then a 3800 in a Fiero.

If it's a 4.3 truck why is he fucking with a 2.8? That's not the same at all. Different bellhousing, different mounts, different exhaust manifolds/y-pipe. That sure sounds counter productive.

He got it for $100 and wanted to "get it running again". I guess he just wants to learn. I honestly don't think it'll ever run knowing him. The entire car is rotted. Bumper is held up by a bungee cord and the bed is just gone.

I honestly don't care. It's his project and his mess. I was just going to try to help him if the 4.3 here would drop in and go but then he told me it's a 2.8 so meh.