2008 ZO6 Now looks as good as it sounds

TTQ B4U

So I did Ben's wheels earlier in the spring but have never seen his car. Let's just say I heard it before I saw it and now I don't care if I see it because is sounds so damn nice it doesn't matter what it looks like :cool: I may have to do a cold start and back up out of my garage video just to make Casey wish he had a V8 :p

Car wasn't in too bad of shape but the hood and decklid had their share of scratches and marks. Turned out 98%+ corrected and shines like silver should. More pics coming but here are a few teasers for now.

It's now protected with two coats of Cquartz Coating and ready to hit up a Cars & Coffee or track day event.

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/167461395/original.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/167461394/original.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/167461393/original.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/167461396/original.jpg

Looking good sir! I'm gonna have to have you see what you can do with my pile. 20 years of weather exposure, and at least 15 of them in the Arizona sun :cry:

wetsand, reclear entire car then wetsand buff and detail lol

wetsand, reclear entire car then wetsand buff and detail lol

Oh I know the process there Steve, Just trying to avoid it to be completely honest lol. I want to see what I can do to avoid having to respray it. But I know I am going to have to eventually anyway.

Makes me feel old as hell knowing that gen Vette is over 10 years old.

Looks great!

I know....I really don't keep up on years and what not so when he told me it was a 2008 I had that same thought. I love it however as the C6Z is timeless IMO.

Keep in mind this car has over 70k on the ODO too. It's not perfect but it's darn near. There are three things I would replace if it were mine.

• The window seal trim that has lost it's clear coat
  • The windshield since it's severely sandblasted from long trips....that would be covered under insurance as I'm sure a rock would eventually nail it :whistle:
  • and lastly the front air damn lip....sand blasted and scraped. It's minor but easy to replace.

Otherwise, from walking up to the car now that it's finish is back to 9/10 any normal person would be hard pressed to guess it's age.

• The windshield since it's severely sandblasted from 200mph blasts....that would be covered under insurance as I'm sure a rock would eventually nail it :whistle:
  • and lastly the front air damn lip....sand blasted and scraped. It's minor but easy and cheap to install a Zr1 lip.

fixed. ;)

Great work sir.

Holy shit that looks nice. Silver usually looks so boring but damn that looks good :thumbup:

Thanks Man!!!

I know....I really don't keep up on years and what not so when he told me it was a 2008 I had that same thought. I love it however as the C6Z is timeless IMO.

Keep in mind this car has over 70k on the ODO too. It's not perfect but it's darn near. There are three things I would replace if it were mine.

• The windshield since it's severely sandblasted from long trips....that would be covered under insurance as I'm sure a rock would eventually nail it :whistle:
  • and lastly the front air damn lip....sand blasted and scraped. It's minor but easy to replace.

Otherwise, from walking up to the car now that it's finish is back to 9/10 any normal person would be hard pressed to guess it's age.

I agree man, The car looks phenomenal!!

-The windshield will eventually get done.

-Lip would also be on my list

fixed. ;)

Great work sir.

200 mph :)

I like the idea of a ZR1 carbon lip!