Window installer / Consultation

BIGGU

My wife and I are looking to buy a house and we noticed that some of the windows are a bit foggy which means the seal in the pane has gone out. We know this is going to come up on the inspection and we want to have a contractor come out and inspect and price windows so we can have that in mind for the remediation and once that is complete the windows can be ordered.

Anyone know of a company they trust?

legally, you can't request that in a home inspection as it is not a latent defect. Work it into your offer price. Because is is visible, and you are aware of it, the seller can deny the request and move forward with the sale

My wife and I are looking to buy a house and we noticed that some of the windows are a bit foggy which means the seal in the pane has gone out. We know this is going to come up on the inspection and we want to have a contractor come out and inspect and price windows so we can have that in mind for the remediation and once that is complete the windows can be ordered.

Anyone know of a company they trust?

Greg my roofing referral does windows to if you like using him! I think you have his info

legally, you can't request that in a home inspection as it is not a latent defect. Work it into your offer price. Because is is visible, and you are aware of it, the seller can deny the request and move forward with the sale

Yep, anything that you could see at the showing should have been reflected in your initial offer and is not a valid remediation request.

My guy...100%.

I'm a little surprised the seller didn't swap them out before putting the house on the market, unless they expected this to be mentioned as part of the offer. Unfortunately I've already deleted the emails from when I sold my place in C'bus, but I don't remember it being nearly as expensive as I thought it was going to be... maybe $100-150 each for double-pane, gas-filled).

thanks for the info guys. I was going to put that in my offer about the windows however my realtor suggested we leave them to come up in the inspection and then get remediation. I'm not 100% certain if the windows are foggy or if it was just rain/ moisture but my past experience with my current homes window if it looks foggy / hazy it probably is.

I did a ton of research on windows before replacing mine a couple years ago. Basically stay away from box store brands (Jeldwen, pella, etc) and shit you see on commercials (Rosatti).

I ended up going with a brand called Polaris. I believe LJ has them too. I wasn't super thrilled with the work the guy did when he put them in, so I won't reccomend him (plus I think I heard he had a stroke and/or passed away but is no longer working) but the windows themselves are awesome. Modern Builders Supply by the airport is the local vendor. Email Polaris and they'll get you in touch with someone who installs them. I got the Ultraweld double pane. Great windows, reasonable price.