Lasik eye surgery

DTA09

Wanting to get everyone's thoughts , recommendations and cost on lasik.

Turned 50 last year and have been thinking about having it done for awhile.

There are several old post about it but I'm sure alot has changed in 3 or 4 years .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J326AZ using Tapatalk

My wife had it done a little over a month ago at TLC in Dublin.

Basically did a free consult then scheduled an appointment.

Day of she was back there for maybe 45 min. Came home and napped and tried not to stress her eyes the rest of the day. Had to sleep in goggles and keep out of dusty places for a few weeks so no mowing etc. She had like 3 different sets of eyedrops on different schedules to keep up with for the first couple weeks. After that just normal drops as needed.

She has 20/20 now and hasn't really had any issues. Certain lights still bother her a little but shes still healing really. She wishes she had it done a long time ago.

They have a discount offer on their website, make sure you find that and save a couple hundred. Total cost was about $3600 I think. We had an old health savings account sitting around that covered most of it.

Wanting to get everyone's thoughts , recommendations and cost on lasik. Turned 50 last year and have been thinking about having it done for awhile.

There are several old post about it but I'm sure alot has changed in 3 or 4 years .

Will correct your distance but your near vision will still continue to weaken as you age.

IMO if you are going to do it treat them like they are important to you and shop around to find who is the best fit.

When I was looking I looked into bloomberg eye, ReVision, Columbus laser and cataract center and another place that I dont even remember. IMO bloomberg id keep away from they didn't seem to care at all. Revision was my second choice and I went with DR Beran at Columbus laser and cataract center.

To be honest, its not cheap but its worth every penny. IMO go in get your consultation and talk with the doctor doing the surgery and see how you feel about them. I really liked Dr. Beran and highly recommend him. It turned out one of my buddys sister works there and I was given a friends and family discount so that helped the decision but I know about 5-8 people that have all gotten their lasik there and all are very happy. Hell right after I did my eyes my brother got his done 2 week later.

IMO if you are going to do it treat them like they are important to you and shop around to find who is the best fit.

When I was looking I looked into bloomberg eye, ReVision, Columbus laser and cataract center and another place that I dont even remember. IMO bloomberg id keep away from they didn't seem to care at all. Revision was my second choice and I went with DR Beran at Columbus laser and cataract center.

To be honest, its not cheap but its worth every penny. IMO go in get your consultation and talk with the doctor doing the surgery and see how you feel about them. I really liked Dr. Beran and highly recommend him. It turned out one of my buddys sister works there and I was given a friends and family discount so that helped the decision but I know about 5-8 people that have all gotten their lasik there and all are very happy. Hell right after I did my eyes my brother got his done 2 week later.

OH it's definitely important for more them just the obvious reasons. I am in the printing industry so good eye site is a must.

I don't plan on using what ever pops up in Google I'm looking for people with actual expiernece.

Due to your age they are probably going to recommend a mono vision type correction. 1 for near and 1 for far. I personally wouldn’t do or suggest that. Because you’re vision will be ok at best for both viewing distances. The reality is your near vision/accommodation ability is going to weaken as you get older so the correction for near you get today will be “outdated” if you will in a Few years. I would suggest doing distance only correction and then wear readers. That way your distance is as crisp as can be, and you can wear readers when necessary. Just my .02 cents from somebody who’s been in the industry for over a decade.

Due to your age they are probably going to recommend a mono vision type correction. 1 for near and 1 for far. I personally wouldn’t do or suggest that. Because you’re vision will be ok at best for both viewing distances. The reality is your near vision/accommodation ability is going to weaken as you get older so the correction for near you get today will be “outdated” if you will in a Few years. I would suggest doing distance only correction and then wear readers. That way your distance is as crisp as can be, and you can wear readers when necessary. Just my .02 cents from somebody who’s been in the industry for over a decade.
After alot of the reading that's what I was concerned about as well. And that's not something I'm interested in doing.

I plan to make an appt soon though and see what they have to say. Thanks for your input .