2002 Ford F350

Big A

Posting for my dad as he got a new truck. He is selling his 2002 Ford F350 7.3L diesel. He bought the truck new and has had it ever since. Truck has traveled the US as you would guess by the miles. I do not believe much towing was ever done with the truck, just loaded tools and materials in the back and hit the road. I have 2 pictures up in my album, can stop and take more if anyone would like. Truck is in Westerville.

2002 F350 Lariat with full cab and long bed and cap. the lock on the cap might need adjusted/ replaced

7.3L Power stroke diesel

4WD

460K miles

Has had ribbed plastic bed liner since day 1

AC does not work

Some fender rust

Truck does have a heater and does need plugged in with colder temps.

He has always taken good care of the truck. Up until 6-8 months ago this was still his DD. Since then he still drives it a couple times a week. If there is anything specific you would like to know when it was last done let me know and i can find out.

As for the price, he didn't have much of an idea where to start it. the last shop that did some work on it threw out around $6,000 so I guess he will start there. That is not firm and if it is way out of line let me know.

EDIT: $4,750

Edited by Big A

I am not saying some crazy won’t give you 6k for it but fwiw the 7.3 just does not bring the same money they did 3-4 years ago so don’t be shocked if you get everyone offering 1500-2500 for it with those miles

I am not saying some crazy won’t give you 6k for it but fwiw the 7.3 just does not bring the same money they did 3-4 years ago so don’t be shocked if you get everyone offering 1500-2500 for it with those miles

Good looking truck for the miles, but yeah, a bit over priced.

Completely understand and thanks for the feedback. As mentioned we had no idea where to start and was going off someones input that we felt was more knowledgeable of the market. He'll most likely let it sit a couple days and then start lowering it until some interest comes around.

I am now using a graded scale for determining a used vehicle's value:

To Calculate Used Car Value:

Add $1000 for every running, driving, stopping and steering liter of displacement. No more than 6 Liters.

Add $500 for working 4WD/AWD

Add $500 for a stick shift

Add $500 for below-average mileage given model year.

Then,

Subtract $250 for tires/brakes/suspension that need immediate repair to be a servicable vehicle ($250/each system where maintenance is required).

Subtract $500 for visual rust. $1000 if it's perforated sheetmetal

Subtract $500 for undercarriage/underhood rust.

Subtract $250 for missing/broken interior cabin materials, including glass. Upholstery wear and tear exempt.

Subtract $250 for missing paint, visually damaged clearcoat, mismatched panels.

I'm guessing $4500 would be reasonable, not knowing the maintenance records...

I am now using a graded scale for determining a used vehicle's value:

To Calculate Used Car Value:

Add $1000 for every running, driving, stopping and steering liter of displacement. No more than 6 Liters.

Add $500 for working 4WD/AWD

Add $500 for a stick shift

Add $500 for below-average mileage given model year.

Then,

Subtract $250 for tires/brakes/suspension that need immediate repair to be a servicable vehicle ($250/each system where maintenance is required).

Subtract $500 for visual rust. $1000 if it's perforated sheetmetal

Subtract $500 for undercarriage/underhood rust.

Subtract $250 for missing/broken interior cabin materials, including glass. Upholstery wear and tear exempt.

Subtract $250 for missing paint, visually damaged clearcoat, mismatched panels.

I'm guessing $4500 would be reasonable, not knowing the maintenance records...

...you owe me money.