Anyone Familiar With This Cobra?

Wease

Jesus man.. those things just will not depreciate

Funny though, it's about dead on with the mods and mileage on my Cobra. Very close. I paid $25K for mine with 11K miles on it back on in 2006 and it was bone stock. I bet I could get close to that right now, if I was selling.

Or for about 5k more you can get a 2007+ cobra instead though

I've said that same thing to my brother, but he just didn't like the 2007+ Shelby Cobra as much as he liked the 2003-04. He's also considering a newer 1LE Camaro.

Don't have one. It's not even really for sale but I've been kicking around switching gears on nice funcar/old truck to nice truck/old funcar. Anyway here's some info:

2014 1SS with Recaros and RS package, tsp cam, tsp 1-7/8 headers, NoWeeds diverters, CAI, Crucial Performance tuned, 18k miles, 465whp, title in hand.

Don't have one. It's not even really for sale but I've been kicking around switching gears on nice funcar/old truck to nice truck/old funcar. Anyway here's some info:

2014 1SS with Recaros and RS package, tsp cam, tsp 1-7/8 headers, NoWeeds diverters, CAI, Crucial Performance tuned, 18k miles, 465whp, title in hand.

Thanks for that, but he really wants only an unmodded 1LE.

Better go over it with a fine tooth comb, Lash has habit of spending no money putting a used car on their lot. I don’t know who’s doing the used cars up there anymore, but I have no faith in the management.

Thanks, I'll pass that along to him.

Thanks for that, but he really wants only an unmodded 1LE.

That's cool, but honestly they came stock with about 100whp less than what they need to be fun. I've just done what every 1LE owner does within their first year of ownership and I still enjoy driving it.

So he stopped off at Lash the other night to see the car. It wasn't bad, but there was some stuff he'd like fixed or changed out. The power seat needed work, some of the interior also needed attention. They weren't budging off the price, so he decided he wasn't interested.

He's also comparing it against my car, which is in fantastic shape for it's age. I'd give my interior / exterior a 9/10. Yes, I'm bragging, but I take care of my cars and this one just wasn't quite where he was hoping. Especially with those miles.

Or for about 5k more you can get a 2007+ cobra instead though

$5K? I've seen them sell for $25K-$26K on the forums. Once they get over 30K miles on them for some reason the value goes through the floor. Here's one with 80K miles for $22K: https://louisville.craigslist.org/cto/d/2007-mustang-shelby-gt500/6677025825.html

Those 2007-2009 GT500s were the ultimate old guy machine, I saw about a dozen different ads last week on them and 60% of them were "selling due to health reasons" with under 30K on the clock. They are a serious bargain if you are willing to put up with people going "Lol, iron block" (which the terminator cobra also uses so....)

The only advantage I see to the 2003 cobra (besides nostalgia) over the 2007-2009 GT500 is the independent rear suspension (and considering it's fragility I'm not sure it's an advantage) and the "terminator" reputation.

Edited by Geeto67