Anyone have surveillance cameras?

Robochan

I recently purchased a system on Amazon; Blink XT. I have 3 cameras. It's completely wireless. The cameras run on AA batteries and have a long life. They only activate on motion. There are no monthly storage fees. I know it's not POE like you mentioned, but just wanted to throw this out there as an option. It's super easy to setup and install. You can view live feed anytime. You get alerts on motion sent to your phone. You can arm and disarm via the app.

The brackets are a little flimsy. The wind can cause them to shake which triggers the motion. Motion detection is at approximately 20 - 30 feet, which can be a downside depending on your situation/needs. For me, these are what I wanted as far as being inexpensive, easy to setup/install, and still having a good quality picture.

Surprised nobody mentioned what Microcenter has yet......we installed a Swann system with 4 wired infrared cameras with 2TB for and has been rock solid,I think we paid $350 2 years ago and was ok deal to install.

Depending on your situation you may want to install a motion light or two to help the camera "see" it keeps people honest, and is amusing when people walk by and it lights em up.

https://www.costco.com/Home-Zone-LED-Motion-Sensor-Security-Light.product.100354462.html

Zmodo cameras on Amazon have no fees, work with smartphones and save events for 36 hours in the app, and you have the option to save events you pick to your phone and can share them. They are great and inexpensive. I have 4 in my House. App is great.

https://www.amazon.com/Zmodo-Wireless-Monitoring-Security-Recording/dp/B07BHQ1637/ref=mp_s_a_1_24?ie=UTF8&qid=1537023887&sr=8-24&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=zmodo+wireless+camera&dpPl=1&dpID=411SqgvUwzL&ref=plSrch

I got the defender HD cameras after searching and a recommendation from another cr member. Very nice quality even in total darkness out here. With my outside lights on its even better. Very easy to install and operate.

Home depot has a good price on them as well.