Rust repair

Forrest Gump 9

First of all, I absolutely hate car with rust.

With that out of the way, last month I just picked up a 2000 4runner. It lived all its life in Texas except for the last three years. There are some very minor rusts on the frame, just enough to bubble up the paint. Are there anything I can do to stop the rust? My plan is to DD it this winter. I don’t want the Ohio salt to kill it.

Fluid film it.

That Krown place out near Springfield that someone brought to our attention on here before also sounds like a decent deal. Same stuff, they are probably just more thorough and you dont have to get the least bit messy lol

Had I not already stocked up on Fluid Film and arranged a buddy with a lift I'd have just taken it to Krown.

It will stop any further rust, protect it during the winter, and it will also help later to not have so many seized fasteners in case you go to change struts, wheel bearing, ect ect. since it sort of acts as a penetrating oil.

Fluid film it.

That Krown place out near Springfield that someone brought to our attention on here before also sounds like a decent deal. Same stuff, they are probably just more thorough and you dont have to get the least bit messy lol

Had I not already stocked up on Fluid Film and arranged a buddy with a lift I'd have just taken it to Krown.

It will stop any further rust, protect it during the winter, and it will also help later to not have so many seized fasteners in case you go to change struts, wheel bearing, ect ect. since it sort of acts as a penetrating oil.

The previous owner said he put Fluid Film on the vehicle the last three years, but there are still some bubble. I’ve ordered some Eastwood products. I’ll try them out and see what happens.

Probably why it looks as good as it does. However if it was only annually, and depending how car-wash / power-washer happy they were it can come off. Hitting the frame in both fall and spring really helps keep coverage.

If you are using the Eastwood frame coating ect, if they had already Fluid Filmed it then it probably wont stick well since the Eastwood stuff is paint. I had done that Internal Frame Coating once, but have fluid filmed ever since...so I cannot paint anymore due to the oil residue.