November Ballot

Zx2guy19

Is there anywhere I can go to educate myself on all the issues coming up on Tuesday? I've tried to find something on Google but haven't had any luck. I feel like it's a pretty big election, don't want to fuck it up. Anyone have a site they use?

I typically enter a street address, get the ballot names here: https://ballotpedia.org/Ohio_elections,_2018

Then i proceed to visit every candidates page just to read what they feel most strongly, about while researching further into topics if I need to try and find more info...like does "Dettelbach or Yost support issue 1?" ect.

Obviously the candidates pages are all rainbows and glitter, but you can kind of see what they seem to feel strongly about. Reading articles and such is tough...always someone elses opinion in the end it seems.

Local political office - Has the guy currently there voted/acted in a way I agree with? If yes, keep. If no, toss him out. Sometimes it's easy, but not always (my rep voted 'NO' on repeal and.. well... the GOP still doesn't have a replace option, but he's pretty much been a Trump stooge otherwise, and hasn't said shit about his antics).

Local/State issues - Who's pushing the issue? If it's big money or some out-of-town developer who doesn't respect the local way of doing things, they get a big fat NO. Schools almost always get a YES from me (my taxes are freakin' high because of it, but we get what we pay for... #1 public school system on the state "report card"). Past that (like with this year's non-violent drug offender reclassification), I try to sit down and read the thing, and do a "What would Bill and Ted say?" on it.

Courts - There are a couple of websites out there to help make sense of them (https://www.judge4yourself.com/ is one), but since not all candidates participate in those kinds of Q&A forums, local newspaper endorsements (or in one Cleveland case, a resounding anti-endorsement) are also key in helping me pick.

ballotpedia also does issues by state:

https://ballotpedia.org/Ohio_2018_ballot_measures

In the upcoming, I am only aware of issue 1 coming down the pike and there is a long discussion somewhere on this board about that.

Gotta love an “unbiased” organization run by an organization named after Lucy Burns , Can’t see that any organization named after a suffragette would be in the least bit biased at all. Like PBS they are the least biased but certainly lean one way.

Gotta love an “unbiased” organization run by an organization named after Lucy Burns , Can’t see that any organization named after a suffragette would be in the least bit biased at all. Like PBS they are the least biased but certainly lean one way.

You're right, they must be biased since the founder of the Lucy Burns Institute, Leslie Graves has been working with Libertarians since the 1980s.

She married the man who was national director of the Libertarian Party in 1980, who has basically spent the last 30 years working to impose term limits on career politicians.

They definitely have a clear political bias, just not the one you imagined based on the name alone of their institute.

EDIT: Thought better of starting a political argument here.

If you want to go to the Early Voting Center on Morse Road, there are a lot of volunteers in the parking lot that would love to hand you info on whom to vote for.

:lolguy:

Judging other people on their wife's choices?

Sit down, Mr. Moved-To-Alabama, before you hurt yourself. :lol:

FTFY free of charge.

So I stand corrected, thanks for the info.

Kudos.