Political dumpster fire Part III Greg and Kerry Vs CR

zeitgeist57

I'm going to add..do I believe in climate change hell yeah, is man the cause of it..well sorta.

The earth's climate changes over time, but I believe man is helping it along quicker than usual. By how much are we I don't know and the scientists don't really know either.

Shop local today

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to add..do I believe in climate change hell yeah, is man the cause of it..well sorta.

The earth's climate changes over time, but I believe man is helping it along quicker than usual. By how much are we I don't know and the scientists don't really know either.

Shop local today

Disagree my man.

Agree.

If you think Man is helping climate change along, do you think it's a good idea for us to continue to pump unregulated amounts of CO2 into the atmosphere?

No I do not, but it has to be cut across the board the US cannot and should not be held to do it all and other nations be told just do some. What I mean is it should be xx percent for all.

Sounds like cuck talk.

not quite. It's more of if a person is not actively engaged in making more money or better themselves then no political system will help them long term. I work in management in a call center and it's unreal what you learn about society when on a good year 25% turn over when historical averages what 60% plus percent. Through my own failures and having to start from scratch due to my own piss poor decision making, I started to see a different way of life.

Time is an investment and no one can improve ones financial future without them being engaged in moving forward. The "system" to keep you down is beatable if your focused on beating it. Just look at how enlisted soldiers built financial stability through gradual long-term sound decision making.

Shop local today

I had a similar view until I saw the data laid out like this:

https://xkcd.com/1732/

Take of it what you will, and I know that correlation is not the same as causation, but that is a wild jump that was kicked off as we started pumping pollutants into the atmosphere. Historical data shows that this warming is unlikely to be natural in any meaningful way.

Regardless of where the blame goes, shit needs to be done.

No I got that part, but what does this have to do with anything I said, though? What point do you think I was making, and how is this a relevant response to that point?

Let's break down my post. I think I was making these points:

1) A lot of California actually is either federal land or is the responsibility of the federal government.

2) Californians have not done themselves any favors by expanding into areas with frequent existing wildfires.

3) The federal government shouldn't point fingers when providing emergency assistance.

4) Trump is an asshole for doing exactly that.

What do you disagree with in those 4 points that caused you to lash out at me for some perceived financial injustice?

Well since you like to bring these facts up, you should know that the current president didn’t make this land “federal”. With this being said, federal land isn’t designated for permanent living, only temporary. If you would like to live downstream of a dam, on the coast of Florida, or on the edge of a volcano, please go ahead.