Political dumpster fire Part III Greg and Kerry Vs CR

zeitgeist57

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess congress didn't either. Fortunately Trump knows better than everyone and an unilaterally do whatever he wants, eh?

Just like every other president before him - only difference is its not the guy you voted for.

This will all be over after his second term. Sit back and enjoy the ride bud.

Not to be a dick but, I mean, no shit. The fact that this didn't occur to you until someone pointed it out on TV last night worries me.

I honestly just don't get the support anymore. Was Trump's promise that Mexico would pay for a wall stupid? There should be 100% agreement on that. Was Trump wasting billions of dollars on a 35 day shutdown in what was inevitably going to be a failed power play to badger congress into allocating taxpayer dollars for his stupid pet project a stellar example of terrible politics? There should be 100% agreement on that. Is declaring a national emergency to use military funds for a pet project which congress explicitly refused to fund a gross overstep of executive power? Jesus Christ there should be 100% agreement on that.

Some of you are so hell bent on adopting any opinion that will piss of the libs that you can't even dare to agree with the most basic of obviously correct opinions.

greg... can we just all move on? The board has been alot better since the political bickering has stopped. No president or political party is worth insulting or getting bent out of shape over. At the end of the day, people will have different political differences and nothing is wrong with that.

If Trump wanted to buy $8 billion in magic beans to curb illegal immigration and drugs and human trafficking you could have written the same post. That's essentially what we're doing now. Congress wouldn't give him the money because they realized the Wall was magic beans.

Oh well. Fuck the troops. It'll be worth it when Trump gets his beans somehow.

I guess you don’t have doors on your house or locks on your car. No passwords for your bank account, and leave your wallet on the table in public places when using the bathroom. While these simple deterrents work for most, they aren’t foolproof, but you use them. A barrier is a deterrent just like the lock on your piggy bank. Hypocrisy and blissful ignorance seem to be the snowflake liberals best friend.

When you realize that the government we have is absolutely broken, which the current president has made very clear, then that argument doesn’t work. These people certainly don’t work for the people of the unites states, and listening to their rhetoric and believing it is the problem. If you watch the news that is the next problem, as it is absolutely biased, and doesn’t give you the actual story, but a swayed editorial of their beliefs.

Until both sides realize this, the country will be split, and until the news reports the actual and full facts, instead of the words that will outrage people, the problem will exist. Again ignorance is bliss.

Not to be a dick but, I mean, no shit. The fact that this didn't occur to you until someone pointed it out on TV last night worries me.

ahhh greg you called it ..and yes I missed it because I think whomever would try to outlaw the private ownership of firearms would commit political suicide for themselves and their party so it won't happen.

Remember Trump isn't a politician but a business man fulfilling a bucket list wish.

Polls show that most Americans don't want the wall. Even fewer approve of a national emergency declaration in order to pay for it. Sounds like congress is, in this case, representing the will of the people by not funding the wall.

Did you not know that? Or are you going to ignore facts and pretend that polls are always wrong and fake news whatnot.

Polls show that most Americans don't want the wall. Even fewer approve of a national emergency declaration in order to pay for it. Sounds like congress is, in this case, representing the will of the people by not funding the wall.

Did you not know that? Or are you going to ignore facts and pretend that polls are always wrong and fake news whatnot.

The same polls that had Hillary by a landslide?

For the record, I am for a secure border, and if a wall helps that, then I'm for that as well. Is it full-proof? Nope, but I certainly think it will help. I think there are some other measures that need implemented as well though. A wall alone isn't enough.

Also, I am against how Trump 'thinks' he's going to get it done. He will lose this battle in court, and I am glad. If we start allowing things like this to take place, well, I see that as a slippery slope. If it was truly an emergency, then why not declare it before the shutdown? He's grasping at this point.

I also think the Blue Team is against this simply because it is something Trump wants, and he wants it because it pisses them off. This Red Team/Blue team shit is getting old. I fucking hate every single one of them. They've probably wasted more than 5.7B on takeout food during the past 5 years.

Whose polls, where are they poling? That’s like saying Columbus racing is voted the best forum. Who votes who are the ones they are poling? I know I’ve never been poled for these, have you? Poling from highly populated areas will get different results than let’s say Wyoming. This is my point exactly

People who's literal job it is to do polling might not have realized that people from highly populated areas will give different answers than people from Wyoming. You've cracked it wide open! You should give them a call, they would probably love this groundbreaking advice from someone who mispells "polling" so often.

People who's literal job it is to do polling might not have realized that people from highly populated areas will give different answers than people from Wyoming. You've cracked it wide open! You should give them a call, they would probably love this groundbreaking advice from someone who mispells "polling" so often.

Here’s a secret - it wasn’t people from the middle of nowhere Wyoming that elected trump.

Thanks for pointing that out, I will correct my ignorance, the real question is can you correct yours?

I dont see the big deal about the wall. We spend so much money on the military this project would be a drop in the bucket. Yes the wall is not a stop all perfect solution but it is better than what is currently in place today. It would be nice to let the caravan of illegal refugees know clearly where the line is with problems if it ever was to happen. It will atleast put some people to work. Build the wall and move on to other issues.

LOL at the polls talk

I dont see the big deal about the wall. We spend so much money on the military this project would be a drop in the bucket. Yes the wall is not a stop all perfect solution but it is better than what is currently in place today. It would be nice to let the caravan of illegal refugees know clearly where the line is with problems if it ever was to happen. It will atleast put some people to work. Build the wall and move on to other issues.

LOL at the polls talk

Stop actual making sense. We are surrounded with stupidity that cant relate.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

LOL at the polls talk

forget for a second all the facts and swirl around the wall itself that it doesn't work and it's a waste of money. We are beyond that discussion.

what is bothering most people right now isn't the wall itself, it's the measures and channels the executive office is going through to get it that is concerning. Even if you support the wall, it should be somewhat alarming that the president, when told no by the other branches of government has chosen a path that may run afoul of constitutional boundaries.

If you are one of those people that says "america should be strict constitutionalists" then I don't see how you can support abuse of the powers granted and ignorance of limits placed on the executive office in article 2 of the constitution. This is even before we discuss the National Emergencies Act, which actually broadens the executive power, but still not enough to cover this.

At this point, the wall is unpopular with the people, unpopular with the politicians elected by those people, and as such that will has been carried out. If you believe that the government should serve the people it governs, then that should have been the end of it, and yet somehow it isn't. Somehow there are people who believe that the ends justify the means, even when the means literally fucks over the concept of representative democracy in this country as well as all of it's citizens.

"At this point, the wall is unpopular with the people, unpopular with the politicians elected by those people" This nonsense is the problem, that statement is simply not true. It will be proven when he wins his next term

Can you prove that this is not true? or do we have to wait for 2020 to find out? If you have to wait another year before you can answer that question than how trustworthy or even realistic is your statement that it isn't true? sounds more like hopes and dreams to me.

currently:

- Polls and surveys concerning the wall show it to be fairly unpopular with most Americans.

- in the midterm elections, many politicians that supported the wall were not re-elected

- politicians that support the wall have seen their popularity numbers drop even if they managed to hold on to their office post 2018 election.

Even if you are willing to ignore one or two factors, I still don't think there is enough there for you to say the wall is popular with the majority of the american people. It's popular with his die hard supporters but those aren't a majority of Americans and it isn't attracting new voters or those on the fence.

I am not saying this to speculate on his chances in 2020, politics in general are pretty much a popularity contest and right now the wall isn't politically popular for other politicians to support and expect to get elected, they know it and they are voting that way. If they weren't, it would have passed in congress and we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Can you prove that this is not true? or do we have to wait for 2020 to find out? If you have to wait another year before you can answer that question than how trustworthy or even realistic is your statement that it isn't true? sounds more like hopes and dreams to me.

currently:

- Polls and surveys concerning the wall show it to be fairly unpopular with most Americans.

- in the midterm elections, many politicians that supported the wall were not re-elected

- politicians that support the wall have seen their popularity numbers drop even if they managed to hold on to their office post 2018 election.

Even if you are willing to ignore one or two factors, I still don't think there is enough there for you to say the wall is popular with the majority of the american people. It's popular with his die hard supporters but those aren't a majority of Americans and it isn't attracting new voters or those on the fence.

I am not saying this to speculate on his chances in 2020, politics in general are pretty much a popularity contest and right now the wall isn't politically popular for other politicians to support and expect to get elected, they know it and they are voting that way. If they weren't, it would have passed in congress and we wouldn't be having this discussion.

LOL :dumb:

Every argument in favor of the wall can also be applied to the magic beans.

"$8B in magic beans is a drop in the bucket compared to what we spend on the military."

"LOL at the polls, the magic beans are actually popular."

"We need to draw a line in the sand about the caravans and the magic beans will do that."

Bunch of rubes here.

Says the guy who takes the "poll" results as fact

Polls are only a small part of it and are a mixture of of fact and speculation. but even if you ignore them, you still can't ignore that Republicans lost 218 seats at various state and federal levels of government in the 2018 election, and a lot of that has to do with the president's agenda - chief among them the wall.

Nobody is saying you have to take any poll information as gospel here. The idea is to get a rough feel from all the information out there and to have an informed opinion. I am just asking, besides hopes and dreams - what is forming your opinion?

It's one thing to say, I don't trust polling information and therefore we can't tell if its unpopular or not, but it's another to say I don't trust polling information and therefore that thing I really want to be true must be true. understand?