Political dumpster fire Part III Greg and Kerry Vs CR

zeitgeist57

BTW, it's not gone unnoticed that the transgender people being reported on are also people of color, I'm fairly certain this isn't the only example of transgender students competing in high school sports but this is the one they chose to focus on.

It's because it's Black History Month.

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did I say I was mad?

"mad" in the sense of who do you assign fault to in the context of this conversation?

1) broken skulls happen in MMA, esp UFC. It's not a common injury, but it's not super rare either. Evanglista Santos suffered one in 2016 in a match, and orbital fractures are more common than I am comfortable with in matches.

2) Within reason, it is not illegal for UFC to setup a lopsided fight, as long as both fighters know what they are getting into and understand the risk. Is it moral? eh...that's a different question but ain't nothing illegal about it. Fighters always have a choice to decline the match in favor of another match-up, nobody is forcing them to fight. Unlike other sports fighters have some leeway in picking their opponents.

3) UFC is "Pro Sport" like WWE is "Pro Sport" yes these are athletes and yes there is a competitive element, but the sanctioning body has a conflict of interest in that they also promote the series and benefit from the fights. I'm pretty sure if it were still legal they would have their fighter compete against kangaroos and bears if it sold tickets/pay per view subs. their primary interest is in producing interesting fights people want to see, often those are ones where people are evenly matched, sometimes however they are not.

UFC is at an interesting crossroads with athletes like Fallon Fox and Chris Cyborg. Does it continue to allow transgender people to compete in their respective classes against fan and commentator criticism because it makes for interesting fights and makes them a shit ton of money and free publicity while appearing socially conscious? or does it adopt the Olympic standard of having hormone standards to keep critics voices down, produce less interesting fights, but start to make the shift toward being considered a legitimate sport and Olympic competition?

"mad" in the sense of who do you assign fault to in the context of this conversation?

1) broken skulls happen in MMA, esp UFC. It's not a common injury, but it's not super rare either. Evanglista Santos suffered one in 2016 in a match, and orbital fractures are more common than I am comfortable with in matches.

2) Within reason, it is not illegal for UFC to setup a lopsided fight, as long as both fighters know what they are getting into and understand the risk. Is it moral? eh...that's a different question but ain't nothing illegal about it. Fighters always have a choice to decline the match in favor of another match-up, nobody is forcing them to fight. Unlike other sports fighters have some leeway in picking their opponents.

3) UFC is "Pro Sport" like WWE is "Pro Sport" yes these are athletes and yes there is a competitive element, but the sanctioning body has a conflict of interest in that they also promote the series and benefit from the fights. I'm pretty sure if it were still legal they would have their fighter compete against kangaroos and bears if it sold tickets/pay per view subs. their primary interest is in producing interesting fights people want to see, often those are ones where people are evenly matched, sometimes however they are not.

So....what you're saying is their body their choice? They know all the facts and consulted with there family and friends and still get to chose what they do with their body.

What a novel fucking idea.

Asked a question to see folks opinions. Never stated my own thoughts or opinions either way. Just bringing up that it has happened on levels higher than the High School arena.

Fair. Would you let/want your daughter to fight a male in that setting? Not trolling. Seeking understanding. This is the most time I've actually spent in this thread.

When is male vs/ female ever "within reason" in a sport as brutal/full contact as MMA?

Fighters certainly can decline a match but if they want to excel they need to take fights they don't want to many times. It's unfortunate that women eventually have to fight a biological male to be the best woman in their sport/weight class. Also, you basically act as if they can make a living by turning down fights. They need the money and many take fights they would rather not in order to do so. Still their choice but it's not so cut and dry.

100% incorrect that UFC is akin to WWE. No ifs, ands, or buts, about that. It's not a matter of opinion either. It's not even in the same ballpark. Actually neither of them are in a ballpark, but you get what I'm saying.

Also, the folks evenly matched have historically been of the same gender so...

They should probably stop reporting it the way they are reporting it. HS sports is about as far as these individuals can compete since all other pro and collegiate sports do hormone testing and bar athletes from competing if their hormone levels are over the threshold - regardless of biological gender (meaning a biological female can and has been excluded from pro sports and the Olympics because of high hormone levels).

That's right, which is where it starts to annoy me. It's interfering and demotivating female athletes who can actually have a future in athletics, or any sport.

How to address these athletes is an interesting and complex question with no simple solution. Fear mongering to whip some old white Midwestern dudes into a frothy foam that some guys with tits are beating up on their little girls in track isn't helping anything in this discussion. Neither has perpetuating the myth of anti-transgenderism in feminism, but if the conservative media didn't stop at falsely spreading propaganda that every Muslim is a radical terrorist, it certainly isn't going to reign in the lies and fear mongering for women.

BTW, it's not gone unnoticed that the transgender people being reported on are also people of color, I'm fairly certain this isn't the only example of transgender students competing in high school sports but this is the one they chose to focus on.

Oh boy...Now the people who don't like it when boys get to beat up on girls in sports are racists. Classic.

But yeah, the solution is quite simple. Boys compete with boys, girls compete with girls. Perhaps someone will one-day start a transgender olympics like they did for the special olympics, until then...

That's a fair point. First they dominate local high school sports, but the next thing you know they're destabilizing global alliances, destroying jobs with ineffective trade wars, and blowing up the national debt that their kids probably won't even have to pay back because they're unlikely to have any kids. It's a good thing the conservative media is kicking the transgender community back into the margins of society where they belong, before they can really start wreaking havoc. Speaking truth to power is an important role for the media, and there's no one more powerful than transgender high school athletes.

Remember, when you pull someone else up, who didn't deserve it or worked for it, you're kicking those who did down.

"Sarah could've won gold at the olympics for team USA, but she got so fed up of getting beaten by chicks with dicks that she gave it all up." But then from the same camp we'll hear the cries of "women aren't being paid or represented enough".

That's how you end up with derpy athletes, derpy farmers, derpy doctors and derpy engineers.

Fair. Would you let/want your daughter to fight a male in that setting? Not trolling. Seeking understanding. This is the most time I've actually spent in this thread.

Well there is a lot to unpack here and quite a few assumptions to be made, but more that goes into planning a match than penises and vaginas.

If my daughter was was a trained professional MMA fighter with a ranking, I think my focus on selecting an opponent would be body weight, height, fighting style, win loss record, and various other fight factors that are not gender.

UFC didn't have wieght classes until almost the early 2000s, so anybody could fight anybody if they wanted to - but that doesn't mean it is wise. UFC introduced 2 weight classes in 1997, a third in 2000, and as of today there are 9 classes across the 2 genders. Compare this to boxing which has about 17 different classes based on size.

If the match made sense from a technical and safety standpoint? it doesn't matter what the gender of the opponent is - a fair fight is a fair fight. Where it becomes problematic is when UFC the org starts to lean on fighters with money or pressure to take mis-matched fights for entertainment purposes.

When is male vs/ female ever "within reason" in a sport as brutal/full contact as MMA?

When they are evenly matched. What I meant by within reason is that the match-up is so lopsided that the likelihood of serious injury or death is very high. And again this isn't gender specific - matching a 200lb heavy weight female boxer against a 145lb male grapple style fighter would be equally as irresponsible.

You can't just assume because someone is male or female they are inferior or superior in strength - there is a lot that goes into pro-fighting, esp MMA. One thing to note is that even in a lopsided fight, the bigger opponent doesn't have as great a margin of advantage as they do in boxing, which is why MMA runs a little looser in their matchups.

Fighters certainly can decline a match but if they want to excel they need to take fights they don't want to many times. It's unfortunate that women eventually have to fight a biological male to be the best woman in their sport/weight class. Also, you basically act as if they can make a living by turning down fights. They need the money and many take fights they would rather not in order to do so. Still their choice but it's not so cut and dry.

This is where competitors unions in other sports would usually come in. they sport can't ask you to do something grossly "unsafe" and fail to promote you if you don't - that would put them in breach of their own rule, but unlike the NFL or MLB or even boxing there isn't a "union" in the traditional sense.

Let's also remember two things:

1) your statement presumes that the transgender fighter in every single matchup has an unfair advantage which is just not true; and

2) UFC is pretty much the only game in town and what they are doing isn't illegal. Yeah it sucks that as the 800lb gorilla they will throw their weight around and make their fighters have mis-matched fights for entertainment purposes, but if you want to fight MMA pro- that's the bed you make and lie in.

100% incorrect that UFC is akin to WWE. No ifs, ands, or buts, about that. It's not a matter of opinion either. It's not even in the same ballpark. Actually neither of them are in a ballpark, but you get what I'm saying.

Not in an athletic sense, but in a corporate structure sense. MLB, NFL, etc...these are sports where there are owners, and an independent commission, and a player's union. they have to deal with muncipal governments for stadiums and licenses, so there is a lot of people involved and that tends to reduce some of the conflict of interest problems.

WWE is a publically traded company that basically owns the series, the rules, the contracts with the fighters, etc. They produce everything and control almost everything in their sport.

UFC works pretty much the same way, with the only exception is that their fighters have to hold a valid state fighting license in the venue state their fight is going to take place.

this is much different from boxing which as an independent organizational body, promoters, a fighter's union, etc...

Also, the folks evenly matched have historically been of the same gender so...

that's not a true statement. Male vs female exhibition matches have been around since boxing has been a sport. It's only in the last 40 years have they fallen out of favor in the larger more high profile venues. In a lot of the local fights in the 30s-80's they used to have exhibitions where female boxers would fight any man from the audience for entertainment. Unfortunately

female boxing has also suffered from having a hard time getting viewership so there have been years when there just weren't any competitors scheduled. There have also been women who have fought in men's competitions although those are exceedingly rare because the states usually refuse to issue fighting licenses specifically for those matchups.

Well there is a lot to unpack here and quite a few assumptions to be made, but more that goes into planning a match than penises and vaginas.

If my daughter was was a trained professional MMA fighter with a ranking, I think my focus on selecting an opponent would be body weight, height, fighting style, win loss record, and various other fight factors that are not gender.

UFC didn't have wieght classes until almost the early 2000s, so anybody could fight anybody if they wanted to - but that doesn't mean it is wise. UFC introduced 2 weight classes in 1997, a third in 2000, and as of today there are 9 classes across the 2 genders. Compare this to boxing which has about 17 different classes based on size.

If the match made sense from a technical and safety standpoint? it doesn't matter what the gender of the opponent is - a fair fight is a fair fight. Where it becomes problematic is when UFC the org starts to lean on fighters with money or pressure to take un-leveraged fights for entertainment purposes.

Thanks, Google. Fine. Let's say boxing. Would you want your wife or daughter to fight a male of the same weight class? It actually is a pretty simple answer that I think you're trying to swerve...which is to be expected at this point.

When they are evenly matched. What I meant by within reason is that the match-up is so lopsided that the likelihood of serious injury or death is very high. And again this isn't gender specific - matching a 200lb heavy weight female boxer against a 145lb male grapple style fighter would be equally as irresponsible.

You can't just assume because someone is male or female they are inferior or superior in strength - there is a lot that goes into pro-fighting, esp MMA. One thing to note is that even in a lopsided fight, the bigger opponent doesn't have as great a margin of advantage as they do in boxing, which is why MMA runs a little looser in their matchups.

Since you never answered in CB last week when I asked twice I will ask here again: what experience do you personally have in this area? I have trained/trained with both MMA fighters of the amateur and professional (not UFC) level and instructed self defense for years in which we did mixed classes and gender specific seminars. From my experience there is most certainly a giant factor at play here. I'm curious as to your findings based on actual experience.

Let's also remember two things:

1) your statement presumes that the transgender fighter in every single matchup has an unfair advantage which is just not true; and

Wrong...again. I never did anything than ask for opinion. I never stated anything about my feelings either way. I simply asked questions and continue to do so. My question specifically inquired as to what folks thought about a gown male beating the ever loving shit out of a grown female and I was inquiring as to whether or not anyone took issue with that. Note: I still haven't said either way nor shared anything other than experience.

2) UFC is pretty much the only game in town and what they are doing isn't illegal. Yeah it sucks that as the 800lb gorilla they will throw their weight around and make their fighters have mis-matched fights for entertainment purposes, but if you want to fight MMA pro- that's the bed you make and lie in.

Wrong. No woman signed up and started preparing for their big shot years ago to have to face a dude. I promise you that.

Not in an athletic sense, but in a corporate structure sense. MLB, NFL, etc...these are sports where there are owners, and an independent commission, and a player's union. they have to deal with muncipal governments for stadiums and licenses, so there is a lot of people involved and that tends to reduce some of the conflict of interest problems.

WWE is a publically traded company that basically owns the series, the rules, the contracts with the fighters, etc. They produce everything and control almost everything in their sport.

UFC works pretty much the same way, with the only exception is that their fighters have to hold a valid state fighting license in the venue state their fight is going to take place.

this is much different from boxing which as an independent organizational body, promoters, a fighter's union, etc...

Got ya. I thought you were saying they were similar in the risk factor.

that's not a true statement. Male vs female exhibition matches have been around since boxing has been a sport. It's only in the last 40 years have they fallen out of favor in the larger more high profile venues. In a lot of the local fights in the 30s-80's they used to have exhibitions where female boxers would fight any man from the audience for entertainment. Unfortunately

female boxing has also suffered from having a hard time getting viewership so there have been years when there just weren't any competitors scheduled. There have also been women who have fought in men's competitions although those are exceedingly rare because the states usually refuse to issue fighting licenses specifically for those matchups.

This is completely irrelevant. Circus sideshows where a trained fighter gets to take on ol' Joe Smith from the crowd is asinine and actually weakens your stance. Bird vs. Jordan is not the same as you or I vs. Jordan. You could beat the shit out of a 7 year old girl but you aren't beating Rousey. Use better instances please.

Thanks, Google. Fine. Let's say boxing. Would you want your wife or daughter to fight a male of the same weight class? It actually is a pretty simple answer that I think you're trying to swerve...which is to be expected at this point.

I would not have a problem with it in boxing at all. In MMA, I would be a little leery but only because the classes run much looser and it's possible to have a mismatched opponent, but that's true of both men and women.

Since you never answered in CB last week when I asked twice I will ask here again: what experience do you personally have in this area? I have trained/trained with both MMA fighters of the amateur and professional (not UFC) level and instructed self defense for years in which we did mixed classes and gender specific seminars. From my experience there is most certainly a giant factor at play here. I'm curious as to your findings based on actual experience.

In terms of sports competition, my grandfather was an avid fight fan and an amateur promoter for a while. I got dragged as a kid to a lot of gyms and see local fights in the 80's. even snuck me into the garden when I was 8 to see Tyson vs Green. In law school I lived with a pro-ranked boxer and even sparred with him some. He cleaned my clock often despite me having 6 inches of height on him and a much longer reach. He showed me a lot about the politics of boxing and fight selection that goes into pro matches, also about sizing up opponents and how to adjust training for it. My second legal job out of law school one of the partners was invested in a local boxer and was his manager, and as a fan dragged me along. Again, learned a lot about the business side from being a fly on the wall.

Wrong...again. I never did anything than ask for opinion. I never stated anything about my feelings either way. I simply asked questions and continue to do so. Of course, to your defense, my question specifically inquired as to what folks thought about a gown male beating the ever loving shit out of a grown female and I was inquiring as to whether or not anyone took issue with that. Note: I still haven't said either way nor shared anything other than experience.

Whether you intend it or not this statement: "It's unfortunate that women eventually have to fight a biological male to be the best woman in their sport/weight class" is only true if you think fighting a man is patently unfair, otherwise why is it unfortunate that two evenly matched fighters have a fight where their only difference is gender.

Also, while we are here, the point of transgender recognition is to recognize that the person has transitioned to the other sex, and for all purposes they are a woman, even though biologically they were born a man. Again, gender doesn't confer physical superiority and this is why a lot of sports take the hormone approach than the gender approach, excluding women with too high a genetic hormone level and including trans people with comparable hormone levels to the field.

Wrong. No woman signed up and started preparing for their big shot years ago to have to face a dude. I promise you that.

Fighters train to fight opponents. Most of the time that is someone of the same gender. Sometimes it isn't. I don't know that you can speak knowledgeably on what female fighters in the 1930's, 40's, or 50's were training for.

This is completely irrelevant. Circus sideshows where a trained fighter gets to take on ol' Joe Smith from the crowd is asinine and actually weakens your stance. Bird vs. Jordan is not the same as you or I vs. Jordan. You could beat the shit out of a 7 year old girl but you aren't beating Rousey. Use better instances please.

It's not irrelevant, you made a statement that historically evenly matched fights only took place within the same gender, again inferring that women are inferior to men, and I gave you two examples where they were either evenly matched (women boxing in men's weight classes), or women had the advantage (fighting amateurs from the audience). Historically, men and women also both fought animals in the ring (kangaroos, bears, lions, etc) and that mismatches weren't along gender lines. There is a lot of "chivalry" and some male chauvinism that went into women's boxing vs men's boxing and how the audience looks at it.

Srs question for Gregto67...

If Australia issues Emoji license plates, is there any person or company that collects a royalty for use of Emoji's? Does the state/province have to pay based on the registrants that pay extra for an Emoji plate? Who came up with this AMIRITE???

https://jalopnik.com/emoji-license-plates-are-a-thing-now-because-everything-1832870610

Who paid licensing for emoji products? Wal*Mart throw pillows? Clothes for kids? Stickers?

I would not have a problem with it in boxing at all. In MMA, I would be a little leery but only because the classes run much looser and it's possible to have a mismatched opponent, but that's true of both men and women.

...so I was right in my original statement that in MMA it's kinda fucked up?

In terms of sports competition, my grandfather was an avid fight fan and an amateur promoter for a while. I got dragged as a kid to a lot of gyms and see local fights in the 80's. even snuck me into the garden when I was 8 to see Tyson vs Green. In law school I lived with a pro-ranked boxer and even sparred with him some. He cleaned my clock often despite me having 6 inches of height on him and a much longer reach. He showed me a lot about the politics of boxing and fight selection that goes into pro matches, also about sizing up opponents and how to adjust training for it. My second legal job out of law school one of the partners was invested in a local boxer and was his manager, and as a fan dragged me along. Again, learned a lot about the business side from being a fly on the wall.

So you have no actually fighting/training/instructing experience? Interesting. Thank you.

Whether you intend it or not this statement: "It's unfortunate that women eventually have to fight a biological male to be the best woman in their sport/weight class" is only true if you think fighting a man is patently unfair, otherwise why is it unfortunate that two evenly matched fighters have a fight where their only difference is gender.

I'll respond with this:

In MMA, I would be a little leery....

Also, while we are here, the point of transgender recognition is to recognize that the person has transitioned to the other sex, and for all purposes they are a woman, even though biologically they were born a man. Again, gender doesn't confer physical superiority and this is why a lot of sports take the hormone approach than the gender approach, excluding women with too high a genetic hormone level and including trans people with comparable hormone levels to the field.

Interesting opinion.

Fighters train to fight opponents. Most of the time that is someone of the same gender. Sometimes it isn't. I don't know that you can speak knowledgeably on what female fighters in the 1930's, 40's, or 50's were training for.

Why are you still talking about a time where there weren't regulations in regards to a question I had today involving a sport today and a guy fighting women today? Seems a tad irrelevant...again.

No current UFC female trained to fight a male opponent.

It's not irrelevant, you made a statement that historically evenly matched fights only took place within the same gender, again inferring that women are inferior to men, and I gave you two examples where they were either evenly matched (women boxing in men's weight classes), or women had the advantage (fighting amateurs from the audience). Historically, men and women also both fought animals in the ring (kangaroos, bears, lions, etc) and that mismatches weren't along gender lines. There is a lot of "chivalry" and some male chauvinism that went into women's boxing vs men's boxing and how the audience looks at it.

It is irrelevant since my question was (and still is) very specific.

So since you are hung up on the historical aspect and what happened 100 years ago let me ask you another unloaded (truly) question: why do you think it (male vs female boxing/maa) stopped? Was there a reason?

To be as apparent and open to all ideas as possible I decided to take some down time to research the differences in male to female athletes and fighters. Some of the things I'm finding are kind of what I thought/understood and other points very interesting. I encourage anyone interested to read through them rather than skim while already thinking of a speaking point or rebuttal. Again, I haven't even given my opinion on the actual topic. I've only asked questions, shared experience, and played Devil's Advocate. It's all interesting to me.

The 'Golden' Ratio: The One Number That Describes How Men's World Records Compare With Women's

We Thought Female Athletes Were Catching Up to Men, but They're Not - similar to above but with some diff info.

In MMA fighting, could women and men compete equally, assuming weight class limitations apply? - Be sure to continue through all answers. Some good info, a little stupidity, but overall I learned a few things.

Comparing Athletic Performances

The Best Elite Women to Boys and Men - I think this one was the one I found most interesting.

Alright. I've officially spent more time in this thread than I ever have and I don't really care typically but was fascinated by some responses. I now return y'all to...whatever the hell it is y'all have done for all those other pages.

...so I was right in my original statement that in MMA it's kinda fucked up?

There is a lot in MMA that is fucked up, but transgender vs bio gender matches on their own is not really it.

What is fucked up is that in the same class you can have a 156lb fighter fighting a 170lb fighter - that's a weight spread of 14lbs where as in boxing most class weight spreads are 3-5 lbs. So it's possible, man or woman, that you can have a mis-match in your own class much easier in MMA. Plus heavyweight is basically an unlimited class for 206lbs and up, and that has lead to some interesting matches like sumo wrestlers facing off against opponents 1/3 their weight.

Why I would be a little leery about letting my hypothetical daughter fight anybody in her weight class in MMA isn't because of gender, it's because in any class there are just going to be mismatches no matter what. would I let her fight an even matched trans person in that class? sure, would I let her fight a biological woman with 15 lbs on her and a style that isn't compatible with her style? I don't think so - it's a case by case basis determination. Get it?

Why are you still talking about a time where there weren't regulations in regards to a question I had today involving a sport today and a guy fighting women today? Seems a tad irrelevant...again.

you brought up historical context to support your point, but I don't think historical context does that.

No current UFC female trained to fight a male opponent.

Except Sherisse Subero who is a currently ranked UFC competitor and who fought a male opponent in a UFC exhibition match in the US Virgin Islands in 2014:

oh and Ediane Gomes who was also a UFC ranked competitior who fought a semi-pro male kickboxer in Brazil in 2007

https://mmajunkie.com/2014/10/woman-vs-man-in-a-bare-knuckle-no-rules-fight-it-happened-and-the-story-behind-it-is-a-wild-one

but she's retired so I guess it didn't happen then.

So since you are hung up on the historical aspect and what happened 100 years ago let me ask you another unloaded (truly) question: why do you think it (male vs female boxing/maa) stopped? Was there a reason?

I think society's somewhat male chauvinist views on women get in the way of female competition in this sport, esp with respect to men fighting women. It's uncomfortable for a lot of the regular fight audience to watch who have their own "codes" about gender roles. If you can't sell tickets to it to make money, then it stops, and while it's fun for some to watch a woman beat up on a man from an underdog standpoint (look at that weak woman prove she isn't so weak afterall!!!), it's very uncomfortable for a lot of people to watch a man wail on a woman and win, esp when half the audience thinks of women as the inferior sportsman (See that's why you shouldn't let women fight men). Doesn't matter if it's a fair fight or not, people aren't ready for a "fair fight" where the woman might lose.

TI think society's somewhat male chauvinist views on women get in the way of female competition in this sport, esp with respect to men fighting women.

You didn't read the links, did ya?

This is why I do not partake in such discussions on here. Few are truly open minded or seeking to understand others. They're seeking to make others agree with them.

Srs question for Gregto67...

If Australia issues Emoji license plates, is there any person or company that collects a royalty for use of Emoji's? Does the state/province have to pay based on the registrants that pay extra for an Emoji plate? Who came up with this AMIRITE???

https://jalopnik.com/emoji-license-plates-are-a-thing-now-because-everything-1832870610

Who paid licensing for emoji products? Wal*Mart throw pillows? Clothes for kids? Stickers?

Emoji's are an interesting thing from an intellectual property standpoint. On it's face it's a universal symbol, but deeper down each emoji is a unique artistic property that is protected by those laws.

Think about a stop sign. If I paint a picture of a stop sign, I don't have to pay anybody a license for that design because it's in the public domain. However, if someone photographs my painting and tries to sell it, they would have to pay me a license fee for the rights to sell my artistic interpretation of a stop sign. now if someone takes that photograph and makes a bunch of sculptures of the same thing incorporating both of our artistic flourishes, they would have to pay license to both of us. with me so far? Great!

the unicode emoji's are the standard - think of them as the source material and the record of what's in the public domain.

when you buy an iphone, apple has it's own copyrighted emoji's because it hires an artist to create them and license them in perpetuity. this includes the underlying source code. Same thing with Android. If you send an apple emoji to a person with an android phone, the software converts the apple emoji to an android emoji so whomever makes the phone doesn't have to pay apple for displaying an apple emoji. Again this is covered under unicode that provides an agreement for phones of different brands to talk to each other.

So how does the Aus government put emoji's on their license plates? they hire an artist to design specific ones for them based on the Unicode standard designs and get him to license the design to them in perpetuity.

You didn't read the links, did ya?

I did, the atlantic and Duke law ones were interesting. That Quora one is garbage.

but here is something else to think about - biological women who have elevated levels of testosterone have been excluded from most major competition. So counting by wins is somewhat biased because it excludes a whole class of biological women who were just not allowed to compete.

here is a segment NPR show Radiolab did on this exact issue:

https://www.wnycstudios.org/story/dutee

looking at what those articles say through the lens that we aren't allowing our strongest biological females compete changes the conversation somewhat and makes it more complex.

This is why I do not partake in such discussions on here. Few are truly open minded or seeking to understand others. They're seeking to make others agree with them.

Have a nice view from that high horse? lol