Wild Ford Mainline Racecar

wagner

When I first saw this car at Outlaw Armageddon I did a double take to see what it was. Even then I was wrong and thought it was an old Buick. Crank-driven blower cars like this just sound evil...

https://www.dragzine.com/features/car-features/malicious-intent-richie-blubaughs-supercharged-1952-ford-mainline/

Is that fake rust?

Hard to say...probably a mix of both. The bumpers certainly look beat to crap, but there are spots, like under the decklid that look painted. It's also kind of "drippy" in some areas - like its rusted from being constantly dripped water on and not necessarily from sitting out in a field.

Still a cool car.

Dude, I've not seen a Vortech V-30 blower...crank-snout mounted...that looks awesome!

Is it not intercooled because the fuel charge drops air inlet temps?

Vortech is trying to get back heavier into the racing market so they're pushing new stuff out.

No intercooler because it's running M1. We (Dragzine/CEO) just picked up a new "project" car that was moved from race gas to M1. Making that switch let us remove all the intercooler stuff and the weight that went along with it.