Australia’s feral cat problem

Rustlestiltskin

Feral cats are no joke. The smaller cat species are some of the most efficient and deadly hunters compared to big cats.

In our old neighborhood, there was a pack of feral cats that roamed around and we had ZERO rodent issues around there. Live in the country now and there are rodents everywhere. I thought about getting an outside only cat to take care of the issue on my property.

Feral cats are no joke. The smaller cat species are some of the most efficient and deadly hunters compared to big cats.

In our old neighborhood, there was a pack of feral cats that roamed around and we had ZERO rodent issues around there. Live in the country now and there are rodents everywhere. I thought about getting an outside only cat to take care of the issue on my property.

Bingo.

We had 2 on the farm. Had too after mice infested every outbuilding. They did their job well.

^^ this.

My in laws place in Caldwell had about a dozen or so that my brother and law and I had to take out years back. As we walked back to the abandoned barn there were 3 of them tearing the shit out of a racoon they hunted. I couldn't believe how they gutted it in minutes as they rolled around kicking their back legs against it.

That's the first time I ever feared a cat that small but the three of them were fierce and they were growling at us as we approached. That barn was theirs until that day.

Edited by TTQ B4U