Custom machine work?

Forrest Gump 9

Hello all

I need a 6” pipe with a groove for O-ring and a bracket made.

In their infinite wisdom MB is using biodegradable parts in their vehicles. One of the parts is a little block that attached to the engine block so coolant can flow thru to the heater core. When the part fail, all of the coolant will be loss almost instantaneously. And this all can be fixed with a simple metal pipe with a bracket to bolt to the block.

Found a place at the corner of Bethel and Kenny. We’ll see how my contraption work.

When this MFer fails, you’ll need to removed the intake manifold to get to it. And in order to removed the intake manifold you’ll have to remove the direct injection fuel lines and the intercooler charged pipes (which I still have nightmares about).

Hopefully this part will work out because I don’t ever want to replace it again.

Another quality Mercedes plastic part.

Yeah, you’ll love this. This is the 6th fitting that’s gone bad on the 2012 model year. The other five fittings were minors leak that will not cause engine damage.

The reason I want to get this “permanent fix” is my wife GL550 also utilizing the same engine and it’ll be next in line to get all of these fitting replace.

Well looks like I will look for a 2016 CTS-V instead of an E63 or amg gts if this is the issue. Those plastic pipes with the extended life coolant isn’t a good design for any longevity. That coolant is like acid to any of those plastic parts or adhesive.

Well looks like I will look for a 2016 CTS-V instead of an E63 or amg gts if this is the issue. Those plastic pipes with the extended life coolant isn’t a good design for any longevity. That coolant is like acid to any of those plastic parts or adhesive.

Yeah, I don’t blame you. The newer MB with the turbos that sit in the V are even worse. People are reporting the biodegradable fittings are failing at 50k miles.