Side by side thread. Who has them? RZR, Can Am, Yamaha.......

Mojoe

This is a thread to gauge interest and see who here is into off roading with side by sides, or 4 wheelers. If there is some interest, my thought is to organize a CR off road meet some place.

I've been to Wild Cat in KY and Wind Rock in TENN, but not to any of the closer places. What I have seen from these places is that weather certainly plays a factor, and it depends on how you like to ride. Some people just like to cruise trails, climb hills, hit the mud, and even some water fording. Post some pics and where you have been, and if you'd be up to have a meet. Feel free to suggest a place and then we can do a poll to see where to go. I haven't posted a pic since photo bucket went to shit, so I need to find a new host.

Here's a 4 minute hill climb from TENN.

I've been to Brimstone with my brother. I'd highly recommend it. Its massive. Ive heard good things about Rush Offroad which is a bit closer as well.

I'd love to own a SXS but can't justify it as I have no place to ride one even in the state.

We've rented them all over the place though. Anytime we go on vacation we try and rent them. We've ridden at Silver Lake & Manistee in Michigan. We rode in the White Mountains in New Hampshire. The east side of Lake Tahoe in Nevada. Last fall we rode for about 8 hrs in Sedona, AZ. Love it, we always rent RZR 900 or 1000's. Anything less is a waste.

oSK6W12l.jpg

I am sure we would bring our Can Am out. I have a friend with a quad that would come out as well date/time depending.

I'm a little surprised there aren't more responses. I know a few people had them years ago and got out of them. I just thought more people here had them.

Curious what the side-by-side UTV crowd thinks of the Mahindra Roxor?

It doesn't look all anime, razor-bladed styling with Chinese alloy wheels and a motorcycle engine...but looks like it would be a fun off-roader.

That's neat'ish. Ive never seen that before.

Im curious as well what someone with more experience thinks. Ive never offroaded in a jeep/truck. I feel like for the same money a side by side would be the better choice. Better suspension for one. That would be enough for me I'd think

That's neat'ish. Ive never seen that before.

Im curious as well what someone with more experience thinks. Ive never offroaded in a jeep/truck. I feel like for the same money a side by side would be the better choice. Better suspension for one. That would be enough for me I'd think

1) Buy a $150 truck.

2) Go off of the road.

3) ???

4) Profit.

I don't have my 4 wheeler anymore, but loved to ride.

I think what you'll find is most ATV guys don't like the side by sides, they take up more of the trail and are slower then a lot of quads. Same reason the dirtbike guys don't care for quads. In Wayne or Perry I can't believe they allow side by sides because most of the trails aren't big enough, and there's certainly no room for them to pass each other.

I don't have my 4 wheeler anymore, but loved to ride.

I think what you'll find is most ATV guys don't like the side by sides, they take up more of the trail and are slower then a lot of quads. Same reason the dirtbike guys don't care for quads. In Wayne or Perry I can't believe they allow side by sides because most of the trails aren't big enough, and there's certainly no room for them to pass each other.

They are limited to 60" or something right? So small'ish side by sides. Pretty certain they don't allow full sized ones.

They are limited to 60" or something right? So small'ish side by sides. Pretty certain they don't allow full sized ones.

They are limited to 60". There are so many off road parks out there now, I have not interest in Wayne. Anything over a 800cc, will likely not fit at Wayne.

I still have my good and old 1998 Honda Trx 400 and use it around the property. It is only a two wheel drive, I like to do trail rides with it. Since is so old, I didn't get it with a title so no Wayne Forrest for me. I would like to go some trail rides with the group.