High Street in the 70's.

Otis Nice

Very cool. I really enjoy seeing old pictures and videos of central Ohio. It's fascinating how everything changes so drastically from decade to decade. I wish I had Doc Brown's DeLorean so I could jump back in time and experience it first hand.

Nice find, thanks for sharing. Looks like that youtube channel has a good amount of similar content

Very cool. I really enjoy seeing old pictures and videos of central Ohio. It's fascinating how everything changes so drastically from decade to decade. I wish I had Doc Brown's DeLorean so I could jump back in time and experience it first hand.

Nice find, thanks for sharing. Looks like that youtube channel has a good amount of similar content

Agreed.

A buddy of mine who is into all things vintage (cars, gumball machines, cameras, etc) shared it. Thought others here might like it. I also noticed the channel had others. Added to watch later.

Columbus has grown at an incredible pace. I moved here in 1999, there was no Polaris. There was nothing north of the I270 belt, and now it’s a whole city up there.

High street at campus and short north area are just plain dumps. You don’t want to be there after dark.

• 3 weeks later...
Columbus has grown at an incredible pace. I moved here in 1999, there was no Polaris. There was nothing north of the I270 belt, and now it’s a whole city up there.

High street at campus and short north area are just plain dumps. You don’t want to be there after dark.

I remember visiting Columbus from my small home town an hour north back in the mid 90s, there was an exit ramp for Polaris and a gas station. That was it. It would be interesting to know how much physical size the city has grown during the last 25+ years, that midwestern suburban sprawl is crazy!

• 2 weeks later...

What's wrong with being there after dark? I haven't lived in Columbus since 2011, but I LOVED going down there to eat, people watch, gallery hop, etc.

Has it gotten bad since then?