2 noobs vs police car

ReconRat

May 6, 2009

Ferndale, Michigan (Detroit area)

http://www.wlwt.com/video/19394955/index.html

http://www.clickondetroit.com/video/19385490/index.html

I had to run through the video several times, it's a jumpy video feed. It's easy to miss parts of the video.

The light is green for the police car.

The first bike is running the red light, and runs away.

It looks like he's low siding, but it's just motion blur.

The police car pulls out slowly into the intersection,

and gets hit by a second motorcycle, running the same light.

The second rider is the one standing there, he landed on his feet.

The first one took off.

Police said the arrested motorcycle driver has an expired temporary license from 2004, four current suspensions and does not have a cycle endorsement.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/19387156/detail.html

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/30607431/

Edited by ReconRat

Took a while for me to figure out there was two cars and two video feeds.

The second bike that hit the car was slowing hard when he hit.

You can see this from the first cars view.

But damn he was still lucky....and almost looked dumfounded at what just happened.

Took a while for me to figure out there was two cars and two video feeds.

The second bike that hit the car was slowing hard when he hit.

You can see this from the first cars view.

But damn he was still lucky....and almost looked dumfounded at what just happened.

I don't think there was two cars and two videos. The two videos posted were of the same one, posted on two different news websites. It's just a very jumpy video feed. You can see variations when running either one of them over and over. And very funky videos in those patrol cars. Most departments have upgraded to a much better video setup, after having lost court cases based on juries inability to view low grade videos now days.

Nope..Top left...H63......Then H62....To different cars I would say...Its not a jumpy feed at all.

It shows them go by from the car on the lefts view...as you can see the bike bounce just out of the picture on the right....then they go to the "in car" of the car that got hit....

Watch it again...and think of it this way...I had to watch it a few times to put it together right.

Nope..Top left...H63......Then H62....To different cars I would say...Its not a jumpy feed at all.

It shows them go by from the car on the lefts view...as you can see the bike bounce just out of the picture on the right....then they go to the "in car" of the car that got hit....

Watch it again...and think of it this way...I had to watch it a few times to put it together right.

geez, already watched multiple times to figure out what I did. Missed the H63 vs H62... I might want to try the other computer, it's faster.

Ok, both are the same video, 19 seconds. It starts with the FPD63 car, and there is a jump in the video where it switches to the video from the FPD62 car. I managed to capture the moment where he hit the car. He's upside down being tossed off. Big flame from the strike on the front left corner of the car. The news reporting doesn't help any, they all say two bikes hit one car.

Definitely two different patrol cars, it even jumps to the right a bit in position, where the second one pulled up before turning. The first one must have tried chasing the first bike.

edit: dang, still don't know... it might have been one motorcycle, and two patrol cars sitting side by side at the light...

Edited by ReconRat

• 2 weeks later...

Wow...that was insane...the video was definately confusing, it took me a few times to watch it and figure it out...now what I don't understand is first of all...how the hell did they manage to hit the almost stopped cop car...why was he riding without a license...what was his punushment...etc. I wish there had been an article poster with more information about the video