Week Of Racing Coverage At Lights Out 10

wagner

I just got back from South Georgia Motorsports Park after five days at the biggest heads up race of the year. I was there doing multiple tasks but still contributed about 4,000 words to the coverage plus the majority of the photos.

If you're bored you can read some of it here. We took a different approach and really tried to tell the story of this event from the pits rather than the track.

https://www.dragzine.com/race-coverage/drag-radial-events/lights-out-10-radial-tire-racing-coverage-from-south-georgia/

While I was there I also had to shoot 2 feature cars and 3 or 4 cars for news items, plus hit advertisers up to get photo assets for future stories in 2019.

The biggest change was my official debut as on-camera "talent" for the company. I was a one-man film crew setting up my gear and doing interviews that were shown on the live feed and run on the Dragzine Facebook page.

This was a big weekend for me and I think I just created a whole lot more work for myself at future events :lol:

So, did you witness the "$200k race"?

Yeah, that was crazy. The amount of tension around that whole deal was intense, those two camps hate each other. You could see it in the lanes in how they prepared, no smiles, they wanted to tear each others heads off.

What's crazy is Jason X tree'd the fuck out of Ghost but he drove around him at the top end AND had a massive backfire. They had a big tuneup in that thing.

The only thing that could have made it better was if the idiot from Ghost's camp decided to run down the track to the 150 foot mark yelling and screaming would have fell. I locked in on him and started shooting PRAYING he ate shit so I could have got that shot.

That's the one thing I hate about grudge racing is all the nut huggers that do stuff like that. Dude never picked up a wrench on that car but acts like he was a part of the win. Go sit in the bleachers with the other ladies and wanna be types...