buster update

The_buster

So.. I haven't been on in a while, and wanted to update everyone on the busters life. I was laid off from the Chrysler dealership in December of 2017. I took some time off and worked with my dad and helped with his business. The talk came up of me taking over, but business slowed way down and the money wasn't there for me. The wife is a nurse at our local hospital and looked in their job openings and found a tech job in the ED. I applied and got the job back in September. It is a fun job and I love it. Good benefits and hours, also more money than I made at the dealership.

Car wise.... I blew up my Honda :( I got stuck in snow a month or so ago and it jumped time when I was trying to go uphill, completely my fault I should have just walked up the hill but I was determined to make it... I didn't and had to be towed up the last 20 feet. So tax time came and I bought a 99 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited v8 for 2250. I love it, has a few issues to work on. Death wobble is one of them, but I think that's from a caliper that is sticking on the right front as the wobble only shows up after using the brakes multiple times. after hitting every red light going down 79 in Heath it shows up when I hit 50mph on the highway part, coincidence or cause? I'll post pics when I take some and clean it up.

But that is all for now, just wanted to say I'm still alive and things are going great now.

because I went the practical route and didn't want to get stuck anymore. that was the second time. also I only had 2500 to mess with. I would still love to get a srt4 caliber in the future as a summer vehicle, but that time is not now.

those can definitely get the death wobble just like anything with a track bar and a steering stabilizer.. and the calipers can be akebono or teves youll need to know before you get any brake parts. i had a 99 for 4 years or so

I see your heep has a 4.7, don't let it get hot or it will start dropping valve seats. Also, the valve covers are a magnesium alloy and warp easily (the fix is composite valve covers) and keep up on oil changes or the timing chains will start to rattle (and need replacement). If you want to make a llittle more power there are H.O. parts out there, there is a company that makes adapters to bolt on any 4.6 ford manifold, including the one for the blower from the 03-04 cobra. Not sure if they make a full kit (belts and all) to put it on there and the pistons don't handle boost that well from what I hear.

Anywho, glad you are doing well. I would talk to your dad about taking over the business in the future (self employed > working for someone else), maybe work with him to see if you can turn things around and make better profits.

Go here and read this about the brakes.

http://www.wjjeeps.com/brakes.htm

btw that is a great site for info on the wj

You easily could have death wobble as well. Any solid front axle vehicle can get it. I would have someone move the steering back and forth while looking at all the front components to see what may be worn out. A vehicle this old it could be all of it.