grass seed supply store

10phone2

For the most part, when you live in Columbus, the box stores are likely going to be your cheapest and most convenient. I'd head to Home Depot or Lowes, and tractor supply if there is one. If you want a drive and find a grain store or mill near you, that's where I would go.

Are you re-seeding an existing lawn? Rent an overseeder:

https://www.sunbeltrentals.com/equipment/detail/1162/0700014/lawn-overseeder-dethatcher-self-prop/

1) Clear major winter branches/limbs

2) Overseed

3) Water (if it's not raining)

It'll take a couple of months for the roots to grow, but that's what I'm going to do in the next week or so.

Sorry, yes it would be an overseed and the back yard needs to be leveled big time. I think I may go with the tall fescue blend for a more durable lawn during the summer. The problem is that the previous owner did zero lawn care and let her dogs fuck up the yard for years. The plus was we got the home for a good price and she wasn't horrible to negotiate with. The backyard went from a step above section 8 to ehhh, now I want it to be a show piece for the next owner.

Thanks for the tip of rural king and Ohio Mulch. I can have Ohio Mulch or Kurtz brothers bulk deliver soil and go with Rural King for seed.

I've fallen in love with Menard's over the last couple of years. Quick check of their website shows Pennington bluegrass seed for $18.99 and some other cheaper Kentucky Bluegrass blend...
What size?

Rural King sells 3 lb for $12.99 or 50 lb for $119.99

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Sorry, yes it would be an overseed and the back yard needs to be leveled big time. I think I may go with the tall fescue blend for a more durable lawn during the summer. The problem is that the previous owner did zero lawn care and let her dogs fuck up the yard for years. The plus was we got the home for a good price and she wasn't horrible to negotiate with. The backyard went from a step above section 8 to ehhh, now I want it to be a show piece for the next owner.

Thanks for the tip of rural king and Ohio Mulch. I can have Ohio Mulch or Kurtz brothers bulk deliver soil and go with Rural King for seed.

Slinger Jones is the only way to go for Topsoil if you can get the truck in there

Slinger Jones is the only way to go for Topsoil if you can get the truck in there

no way getting a truck back there and they are out of 2 out of 3 soils. Looks like its wheel barrow time. So far this is the best deal so far that I can find:

https://www.kbcolumbus.com/top-soil/growers-blend-soil-detail

or a few bucks more:

https://www.kbcolumbus.com/top-soil/professional-blend-soil-detail

Edited by 10phone2

Ha. What are the odds....we just went to Kurtz Brothers to get grass seed today. Decent prices and lots of options.

I am the operation manager at kurtz brothers.i have helped many members on this board. Lmk what you need and I will get you friends & family discount.

Damn. I didn't know... Next time though I'll keep it in mind.

On a side note, anyone else's grass go to complete shit over the winter? This is the first year our back yard is completely trashed. Guessing it's due to how wet the winter was. I have full sections I can just pull up, zero roots in the ground. Going to be an interesting spring.

Tom

I am the operation manager at kurtz brothers.i have helped many members on this board. Lmk what you need and I will get you friends & family discount.

Cole, thank you for stepping up for CR. I will shoot you a pm. Everyone else, thank you. I feel that I need to do a yard build thread and adulting comes fast.

On a side note, anyone else's grass go to complete shit over the winter? This is the first year our back yard is completely trashed. Guessing it's due to how wet the winter was. I have full sections I can just pull up, zero roots in the ground. Going to be an interesting spring.

Tom

Yes, I've noticed that as well. My grass was never awesome but it was decent all around despite the kids and this year it looks very different then prior winters.

I agree. I'm seeing moss in places that it shouldn't be and there wasn't leaves on the ground. I'm also seeing parts of the yard grow grass that was covered by mulch. I'm not putting up the trampoline until mid summer because it literally fucked our back yard every spot it sat over.

I agree. I'm seeing moss in places that it shouldn't be and there wasn't leaves on the ground. I'm also seeing parts of the yard grow grass that was covered by mulch. I'm not putting up the trampoline until mid summer because it literally fucked our back yard every spot it sat over.

Grass grew better where out trampoline was lol. But I did move it a touch every other cutting

Grass grew better where out trampoline was lol. But I did move it a touch every other cutting

It was brand new and I'm convinced that it had a coating on it that washed off every time it rained and killed the grass. I moved it weekly and all it did was spread the dead zone.