PCIII Throttle level Question?

MattKatz

Ok...I have wondered for a while whats up with my Power commander.

I had it TUned two seasons ago by Ryan Schnitz....and I noticed last year that when the bkes key is on....but not running...you can turn the throttle and watch the LED throttle bar go up ...but mine does not go all the way up..Like for WOT?

Its about 2-3 bars below the top Bar(WOT).....so I guess the question is...am I leaving anything on the table...or is this a non-issue?

I know Ryan is a Killer tuner and I drove the bike to upper indiana to have him specifically tune it....and he did a killer job getting me 111WHP out of it....I am just curious if something is going on.

It may have been this way all along...I just happened to have the seat off and the key in one day playing around when I saw it.

If you have the answer....I would love to have it..and appreciate it much.

I'll take a wild guess that it's dependent upon the throttle position sensor output voltage.

Check the free play in the throttle cables. If you adjust them, make sure they don't bind and rev up when forks are turned full left or right.

Everything else gets more complicated, having to take voltage readings. First the throttle position sensor output voltage, and then voltage in the ECM harness using a harness adapter than nobody probably has to use.

If the voltage drops in any of the wiring or connectors between the throttle position sensor, and/or the ECM, and/or the gauge cluster... it would probably not display correctly. It would display low. That is assuming the throttle display is reading from the ECM/throttle position sensor, it isn't clear in the wiring diagram to me. ECM and FI are extremely touchy about clean connections, if there is any corrosion or bad connections, that would be a problem.

The question is, do the other 600RRs do the same thing?

edit: wait... are you talking about the LED display on the Power Commander itself? I think I read in the Power Commander manual that the LEDs won't go all the way up when doing that.

Edited by ReconRat

Ok...I have wondered for a while whats up with my Power commander.

I had it TUned two seasons ago by Ryan Schnitz....and I noticed last year that when the bkes key is on....but not running...you can turn the throttle and watch the LED throttle bar go up ...but mine does not go all the way up..Like for WOT?

Its about 2-3 bars below the top Bar(WOT).....so I guess the question is...am I leaving anything on the table...or is this a non-issue?

I know Ryan is a Killer tuner and I drove the bike to upper indiana to have him specifically tune it....and he did a killer job getting me 111WHP out of it....I am just curious if something is going on.

It may have been this way all along...I just happened to have the seat off and the key in one day playing around when I saw it.

If you have the answer....I would love to have it..and appreciate it much.

didnt go wrong there we took my buddys busa there and it got some blow by problems so we had to shut her down but the map is perfect

The question is, do the other 600RRs do the same thing?

edit: wait... are you talking about the LED display on the Power Commander itself? I think I read in the Power Commander manual that the LEDs won't go all the way up when doing that.

Not sure on other 600RR's.....But yes...I am just talking about the LED's on the PCIII Unit itself.

Bike Runs fine...I was jsut curious if there is a problem with the PC not lookin g like its seeing WOT or not since the LED's do not light up all the way to the top (WOT) on the PC's LED Display.